PDA

View Full Version : Woodworking places to see near Huntington Beach??

Brian Penning
05-15-2007, 8:05 AM
My 1st trip to California and would appreciate some woodworking places to see.
TIA

Charles Bruno
05-15-2007, 8:26 AM
Do a search on the Saw dust festival, its at Laguna beach area. Or take a trip inland to Sam Maloof's place. Its open to the public on Thursdays & Saterday from 1pm to 4pm. You can tour his garden area for free or pay 10$ and tour his orginal hose he built filled with lots of his work.
Hope this helps

Brian Penning
05-15-2007, 8:42 AM
Great news that Maloof isn't too far away. I'm a big fan of his.
This is a mahogany/walnut rocker I made based on his video.
http://www.brianpenning.com/index_files/image864.jpg

Matt Tiernan
05-15-2007, 8:51 AM
Pasadena is appx. 45 miles north if you would be interested in the Greene's Gamble or Blacker houses.

BTW, I'm a big fan of Montreal. Got engaged there in '04 under the cross on Mount Royal.

Enjoy your trip.

Jim Becker
05-15-2007, 9:25 AM
Near Huntingdon Beach? You want to see Mark Singer in Laguna Beach... ;)

John A. Williams
05-15-2007, 1:23 PM
Woodcraft in Stanton, very close by. Also Austin Hardwoods in Santa Ana. Austin Hardwoods is a candy store for woodworkers. Great selection of wood, mouldings, sheet goods, and tools. But there selection of hardwoods should not be missed, exotics and domestics.
John

John A. Williams
05-15-2007, 1:24 PM
beautiful rocker!

Gary Keedwell
05-15-2007, 6:15 PM
Pasadena is appx. 45 miles north if you would be interested in the Greene's Gamble or Blacker houses.

BTW, I'm a big fan of Montreal. Got engaged there in '04 under the cross on Mount Royal.

Enjoy your trip.
If I ever make it out to the "left" coast, I want to visit Greene's Gamble and all the bungalows that are open to the public. I just love anything that is Arts & Crafts . ;)
Gary K.

Charles Bruno
05-15-2007, 7:41 PM
Great news that Maloof isn't too far away. I'm a big fan of his.
This is a mahogany/walnut rocker I made based on his video.

The chair looks good! Sams place is about 1hr away from the beach, depending on trafic of course. Enjoy your stay!