PDA

View Full Version : Dust Collection verses Furnace Flue?

John Shuk
01-03-2004, 8:55 PM
Does anybody out there have experience with using a dust collection system in the basement with an oil furnace? I worry about losing the draft for my chimney when I turn on the DC. I've got a delta 1 1/2 hp NIB and need to get it set up pronto. My basement is 42x28 and wide open. Thanks for any help.

Dale Thompson
01-03-2004, 10:46 PM
John,
You will have no problem with "downdraft" from your oil furnace or any other furnace if your collector is not exhausted to the outside of your house/basement. If it is in your shop with no external exhaust, you are simply exchanging dusty air with "clean" air. In this case. it really doesn't matter how BIG your collector CFM happens to be.

Turning on the exhaust fan in your bathroom would be more of a problem in terms of creating a dangerous situation. ;) By danger, I mean that my wife is prone to murdering me if I don't turn on the bathroom exhaust fan after I "perfume" the bathroom each morning. :o

I hope that I understood your question. If not, I apologize.

Dale T.

Does anybody out there have experience with using a dust collection system in the basement with an oil furnace? I worry about losing the draft for my chimney when I turn on the DC. I've got a delta 1 1/2 hp NIB and need to get it set up pronto. My basement is 42x28 and wide open. Thanks for any help.

John Shuk
01-04-2004, 12:28 PM
That seems to answer my question. Since I won't be removing the air from the room I should be ok. Thanks for the help!
John