PDA

View Full Version : Parents Kitchen Progress *PICS*

David Eisan
01-03-2004, 7:33 PM
Dear All,

Here are two shots of how things are coming on my parents kitchen. Things are moving at a glacial pace as I am fitting this work in around working 6 days a week and all the other activities I am involved in.

http://members.rogers.com/suedenom/images/boxshot1.jpg

http://members.rogers.com/suedenom/images/boxshot2.jpg

I will finish biscuiting/gluing on any exposed sides on the last cabinet tonight and tomorrow I will screw the last couple of backs on.

Once the tires of my 3hp Wadkin-Bursgreen 20" BS are done being vulcanized and balanced next week I can finish my bandsaw restoration and use it for the next stage of construction. I have tons of maple to rip for face frames (20 different boxes for the kitchen) and I don't like rough ripping rough lumber on my table saw (a real 4 hp and twisted lumber make for some nasty kickbacks).

Now if only my Mom could pick a door style....

Thanks,

David.

Every neighbourhood has one, in mine, I'm him.

Bob Lasley
01-03-2004, 10:33 PM
Lookin' good David. Keep the pics coming as you progress.

Bob

Todd Burch
01-03-2004, 11:07 PM
So David, you never did fess up as to how many pieces of cabinets parts you had cut out in your prior post about this subject. How many were there?

Christian Aufreiter
01-04-2004, 4:49 AM
Hi David,

nice work, can't wait to see the completed project.
Are you using a shopmade fence for you biscuit joiner?

Regards,

Christian

David Eisan
01-05-2004, 1:01 AM
Hi Todd,

So David, you never did fess up as to how many pieces of cabinets parts you had cut out in your prior post about this subject. How many were there?

I never did count them, but there are 20 boxes, most with a shelf or two, so I would guess about 130+ parts (20 sheets of plywood). Everything was cut up from a manually calculated cut list, and much to my amazement, every measurement and math calculation was correct!

David.

David Eisan
01-05-2004, 1:06 AM
Hello there,

nice work, can't wait to see the completed project.
Are you using a shopmade fence for you biscuit joiner?

I have had many people ask me about this, I will make a separate post about it later. It is to make cutting biscuit slots vertically in the end of boards using the fence as a reference when making a butt joint between a cabinet side and top or bottom. It makes the *face* of the jointer (where the blade protrudes) more stable by adding a ton more surface area, to prevent rocking.

I will try to take some photos of me using it so you can see exactly what I mean.

David.

Byron Trantham
01-05-2004, 1:31 AM
You deserve some kind of award for just keeping track of them! I suppose your one of those guys who can look a board and say, "Oh yea, there's my 22 11/16 x 12 3/32" panel, right there next to the 22 9/16" x 12 5/32" panel!" :rolleyes:

Project is looking great, keep the pics coming.

Lloyd Robins
01-05-2004, 8:00 AM
Keep up the good work! Keep posting as you go. I like all of the Gross Stabil clamps.

Christian Aufreiter
01-10-2004, 7:18 PM
Hello there,

I have had many people ask me about this, I will make a separate post about it later. It is to make cutting biscuit slots vertically in the end of boards using the fence as a reference when making a butt joint between a cabinet side and top or bottom. It makes the *face* of the jointer (where the blade protrudes) more stable by adding a ton more surface area, to prevent rocking.

I will try to take some photos of me using it so you can see exactly what I mean.

David.

Thanks in advance. I'm quite interested in your solution.

Regards,

Christian

John Miliunas
01-11-2004, 1:15 PM
Thanks in advance. I'm quite interested in your solution.

Regards,

Christian

Quite the project, I'd say! With your time limitations, I'd say you're doing quite well! I too am interested in your biscuit jointer solution. Anything to make cabinet building easier, is high on my list!

Oh, and I think you've even got Terry H. beat on the shop scene! Hey guys, you notice Dave has fancy paintings on the walls, plants and heck, even crown molding on the ceiling! David, that'd be one classy shop you got there, buddy! :D :cool: