PDA

View Full Version : LDD on Turnings

Bud Duffy
01-03-2004, 7:16 PM
I remember reading about LDD for soaking turnings to help with cracking but for the life of me i cant recall how long to let them soak.

Julie Wright
01-03-2004, 9:21 PM
Current article in AAW says to soak it for 4-5 days, I have also soaked it over night let it drain then. Then finish turning.

Terry Quiram
01-04-2004, 9:52 AM
Bud

I think I still have one sunk in the tub of LDD thats been in there for over 2 months. Maybe I will fish it out today. Thanks for the reminder. :D

Terry

Steve Inniss
01-04-2004, 10:30 AM
What's the proportion of dishsoap to water - do I pretend I'm about to "do up a few"?

Bud Duffy
01-04-2004, 2:21 PM
I dont know i just mixed it about half and half and its pretty gooey.

Brad Hammond
01-04-2004, 2:26 PM
I remember reading about LDD for soaking turnings to help with cracking but for the life of me i cant recall how long to let them soak.

not that i have any affiliation other than being a member of costco, but i've seen threads that favor the kirkland brand as well, but i think that's mainly due to the fact that you cant buy it in 5 gallon buckes for CHEEEEEP.

brad

Julie Wright
01-04-2004, 8:44 PM
There is an article by Ron Kent on his site www.ronkent.co,, you have to read through the techniques section, He uses costco brand, but any cheap brand will do. (why waste $$ on the expensive stuff?) He uses a 50/50 mixture. THe article in AAW says 60/40 water to soap. I'm sure if you goto www.woodturner.org and do a search you'll find tons on LDD.