PDA

View Full Version : Broken base 6" jointer powermatic

David Benavidez
05-13-2007, 7:56 PM
Any suggestions. Any help would be much appreciated.

Bill Huber
05-13-2007, 8:01 PM
Do you have the part that is broken off?

It is cast iron so it can be welded by a good welder.

I have a large bench vise that was broken and scraped, I ground it out and welded it back together and it is still going after 20 years on hard use.

David Benavidez
05-13-2007, 9:44 PM
Do you have the part that is broken off?

It is cast iron so it can be welded by a good welder.

I have a large bench vise that was broken and scraped, I ground it out and welded it back together and it is still going after 20 years on hard use.

Thanks Biil for your comments. Unfortunately I don't have the part. I bought it this way. Any way it be repaired and then machined down and still be somewaht accurate and usefull.

Dave

Richard Butler
05-13-2007, 10:21 PM
Any suggestions. Any help would be much appreciated.

Have you tried using it as it is? THe bottom ot the mount is where there is the least amount of force except when lifting the jointer up by the tables to move it which is what you should not do for reasons illustrated in the picture.

Without the piece that broke off you are stuck either using it as is or parting it out. I hope you didn't pay more than about $20.00 for the jointer.

CPeter James
05-13-2007, 11:08 PM
Can you turn the base around and put the tables on in the opposite direction? the out feed table does not need to move after it is once set up and you could then secure it in place.

CPeter