PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Powered, Orange Crow Bar. Gloat

Tyler Howell
05-13-2007, 3:40 PM
Diesel Powered, Orange Crow Bar. Gloat
"Jim Becker's line"
My new Kabota arrived Fri. Don from Bobcat of Duluth showed up about 11 am Fri with all the toys.
I gave a lot of thought and made many phone calls before I took delivery. As many of you know, forest fires are raging in the area. Fortunately our area generates its own climate. There are no guarantees in life but the fires are about 30 miles away and always moving away from my place.

Don spent about 1.5 hours stepping through each stage of operation.
We removed, and put on each attachment. one of them twice.
The Kabota sells itself but the service is what sold me on this dealer.
It was A # 1 all the way.
Thanks Matt and Don from Bobcat of Duluth.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=55748 (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=55748)

Ken Fitzgerald
05-13-2007, 4:45 PM
Congrats Tyler! You really need a sunbonnet for that rascal!

Harvey M. Taylor
05-13-2007, 4:53 PM
Hi Tyler,
Nice unit. I have had a Kubota for 24 years[same one] and it still is ready to go after I am flagged out. Made a living with it for 7 yrs after quitting my last job. Didnt get the backhoe attachment, though. Just dirt work and mowing. Yours will probably outlive you. Max

Carol Reed
05-13-2007, 5:57 PM
Kewel tool!

You are one fortunate dude!

Re: fire. There is one about 35 miles from my home in Arizona. Last I heard, no one was too worried. We have great forest fire fighting people in the West but every fire is a great concern to me. The biggie in 2003 in San Diego county got within a half mile of my property. Don't want to do that again.

Keep safe, from fire, and with the new toy! You look good in orange,

Ken Garlock
05-13-2007, 6:37 PM
Oh man, now you are officially a gentleman farmer.;)

Have you ordered your sign for the roadside that proclaims

Howell Farms

One thing is missing however, where is the canvas and plastic cab for this winter? :D

Jim Becker
05-13-2007, 7:48 PM
Congratulations, Tyler!!! I'm glad your new tool finally arrived. It's a beauty!

Bruce Page
05-13-2007, 7:50 PM
Very cool Tyler.
Congrats!

Matt Meiser
05-13-2007, 9:13 PM
Congratulations Tyler! Have fun, but keep the orange side up.

Jim O'Dell
05-13-2007, 9:24 PM
Tyler, just remember, blue containers for water, red for gasoline, and yellow for diesel. Keep that straight and you will be fine. :D :D Congrats on the new tractor! Jim.

Doug Shepard
05-13-2007, 9:34 PM
I love those cordless tools:D

David Wilson
05-13-2007, 9:37 PM
Tyler, is there no end to toys?

Joe Mioux
05-13-2007, 9:41 PM
Tyler tyler ......

a back-hoe, huh?

one word of advice J.U.L.I.E. ;)

that is one nice set up. you will love that loader.

Have fun and play safe.

congrats

Joe

BTW: I hope you bought a Quick Detach unit for the loader and blade!

also BTW: if you didn't do it already, buy a wear plate for the loader! this is important.

Jim DeLaney
05-13-2007, 10:03 PM
No SNOW BLOWER?

Jim Becker
05-13-2007, 10:54 PM
Tyler, just remember, blue containers for water, red for gasoline, and yellow for diesel. Keep that straight and you will be fine.

'Cept when the blue container has Kerosene in it... ;)

Jim Becker
05-13-2007, 10:55 PM
No SNOW BLOWER?

He'll be plowing with a blade. The blower is darn awful expensive and gets complicated to install and remove!

Karl Laustrup
05-14-2007, 6:45 AM
No chance of losing that in the snow is there? Looks like you've got the most important attachments for life on the ranch.

Now if I can just find my way up there to test it's features. Or maybe you can drive it to the next meet? :D

Karl

Bill Lewis
05-14-2007, 6:58 AM
A 3 pt. blower is a good alternative, probably about half the price of the 'bota front mounted unit. I picked up one for my JD 2210 a few years back at an auction for less than 1/3 the price of a new one.

Tyler Howell
05-14-2007, 7:49 AM
Tyler tyler ......

one word of advice J.U.L.I.E. ;)

I give up Joe:confused: :confused: .
What is J.U.L.I.E

Thanks guys Love.:cool:

Joe Mioux
05-14-2007, 8:42 AM
lol: sorry Tyler, in MN it might be named differently. Whenever you dig here in Il you need to have a locating service locate all underground utilities. J.U.L.I.E. is some sort of acroynm for that service.

Joe

Jim Becker
05-14-2007, 9:29 AM
A 3 pt. blower is a good alternative, probably about half the price of the 'bota front mounted unit. I picked up one for my JD 2210 a few years back at an auction for less than 1/3 the price of a new one.

I agree it's a good cost-effective alternative to the front mounted blower (and easier to load and unload)...'Cept you have to drive backwards to use it... :o

Dennis Peacock
05-14-2007, 10:44 AM
Congrats Tyler!!!!!!!!! You lucky Dawg you!!!!! I'd LOVE to have one of those babies. :cool: :cool:

JULIE hugh? They don't call it anything around here...except...Hey!!! Don't dig up my utility lines will ya??!!!!! Call before you dig. :D

Tyler Howell
05-14-2007, 10:46 AM
"Gopher 1" is our digging cooperative.
Had them out the week before when the septic tank guys were here.
Having suffered through many cable cuts, phone, power and data on the job, I should know better.

Thought about a blower, I don't (think) I need one. Plenty of space to push snow out of the way.

Eddie Watkins
05-14-2007, 10:56 AM
Congratulations Tyler. It looks like a good one. I need to see some real work being done with it, though, to keep it out of the toy category:) .

Eddie

Kyle Kraft
05-17-2007, 3:07 PM
There is a dealer in Michigan, I believe it is Deur Implement that sells a rear mount blower that works when driving forward.

And no, I don't work for them.

Jim Becker
05-17-2007, 9:01 PM
There is a dealer in Michigan, I believe it is Deur Implement that sells a rear mount blower that works when driving forward.

I'm trying really hard to picture how that would work in deep snow...:o

Boyd Gathwright
05-17-2007, 11:01 PM
.... Congrats Tyler, another power tool :D!

Diesel Powered, Orange Crow Bar. Gloat
"Jim Becker's line"
My new Kabota arrived Fri. Don from Bobcat of Duluth showed up about 11 am Fri with all the toys.
I gave a lot of thought and made many phone calls before I took delivery. As many of you know, forest fires are raging in the area. Fortunately our area generates its own climate. There are no guarantees in life but the fires are about 30 miles away and always moving away from my place.

Don spent about 1.5 hours stepping through each stage of operation.
We removed, and put on each attachment. one of them twice.
The Kabota sells itself but the service is what sold me on this dealer.
It was A # 1 all the way.
Thanks Matt and Don from Bobcat of Duluth.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=55748 (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=55748)

Dan Mages
05-18-2007, 12:01 AM
Okay everyone... on the count of three!

Green acres is the place for me.
Farm livin' is the life for me.
Land spreadin' out so far and wide
Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside.

New York is where I'd rather stay.
I get allergic smelling hay.
I just adore a penthouse view.
Dah-ling I love you but give me Park Avenue.

...The chores.
...The stores.
...Fresh air.
...Times Square

You are my wife.
Good bye, city life.
Green Acres we are there.

Have fun Tyler!

Dan

Matt Meiser
05-18-2007, 9:54 AM
'Cept when the blue container has Kerosene in it... ;)

Yeah, I thought water was supposed to be in white?

Joe Mioux
05-18-2007, 9:20 PM
I'm trying really hard to picture how that would work in deep snow...:o

Ahh, ...................

a blade on the front end? :rolleyes:

Joe

P.S. I want to see pics (lots) of the inevitable snow removal process on North Fork, aka Tyler's Ponderossa.