PDA

View Full Version : Pocket PC PDA-Sawmillcreek Possible?

Chris DiCiaccio
01-03-2004, 3:02 PM
Hi To all,
Was wondering if anyone is able to get Sawmillcreek on their pocket pc. I have the Dell Axim 3i. I thought it might be possible through Avantgo, but though it came up, it was not useable. I think that was because of the needed screenname and password. Keith, if you read this, is it possible? Sure would be nice to catch some content on the pda to read later before heading out each morning. Avantgo lets you do custom websites, so it will bring up the first page just fine.

Steve Inniss
01-04-2004, 8:44 AM
Hi Chris,

I am able to access SMC, but not via AvantGo. I have a Toshiba e755 which has built in WiFi. I put a wireless NIC on a desktop pc and share the internet connection via an adhoc network. I am then able to use PPC's Internet Explorer app with Nyditot to "landscape" the display.

Even though I am in the country(on a lake and well away from anything but dialup), the speed on the PPC with dialup is surprisingly good. My workshop is in a small barn separate from the house and I can use the PPC to access email and browse. The PPC doesn't suffer from dust and chips like a keyboard and cpu.

I would imagine AvantGo would charge a fee to SMC or anyone else wishing to "publish" their website to users. Eventually I'm guessing, all palm/ppc devices will go direct and not use an intermediary like AvantGo.

Steve