PDA

View Full Version : Dented rail tube on G1023SLX

Steve Jensen
05-12-2007, 4:56 PM
I picked up my G1023SLX from UPS freight yesterday. Everything was in good shape but the box the 7' rails were packaged in did have a tear. I sliced part of the box and couldn't see any visible damage. I didn't mark the box damage on the bill of laden. When I got it home and took the contents out, the 84" tube was laying on one of the bolts of one of the rails which caused a bad dent in the finished surface where the fence slides. I called Grizzly's customer service number and the girl opened an "activity" ticket and said someone should call me Monday. I realize I dropped the ball by not marking the tear in the box, but it seems like the rails should have had some type of protection between them like styrofoam or something, there was no packaging other than the box itself. Do you think Grizzly will make me pay to have the dented item shipped since I failed to mark the damage?

Other than that I'm extremely pleased. The quality of the saw is fantastic and far exceeds my expectations. I ordered the mobile base today too, I should have done that with the original order. :D

glenn bradley
05-12-2007, 5:40 PM
From what I've heard of Grizzly, a replacement should not be an issue.

Don Morris
05-12-2007, 7:11 PM
My experience with them also

Cody Colston
05-12-2007, 7:46 PM
When my GO513 band saw was delivered, I was at work and LOML took delivery. She failed to notice that the upper door was bent. Evidently the saw had tipped over at some point.

I e-mailed Grizzly CS after I got home 2 or 3 days later and they shipped a new door right away. I did have to remove the Grizzly emblem from the bent door and attach it to the new one. I was really hoping I'd have it as an extra to put on my shop door. ;)

Rob Wright
05-12-2007, 8:46 PM
My 1023 arrived with a pretty big tear in the box - looked like it may have fallen over. I removed the box at the dock and looked it, I couldn't find anything wrong and did the same thing that you did and signed for it. I got home and found that the trunion had broken in half from some shipping mishap. Scared - I called Grizzly with my tail between my legs because I hadn't marked the bill that the package was damaged. The operator asked me to look at what part was damaged in the manual and sent a new part out over night. She even asked if I wanted someone to install the item, of course being a man, I said no. Have you ever tried to lift a 3hp motor by yourself while trying to slip the trunion back together? Not fun!:mad:

Anyway they had great customer service - and you should expect the same!

Jeff Kerr
05-12-2007, 9:59 PM
I went thru the same thing with mine. I called Grizz and not only did they ship me a new one but they didn't want the original shipped back.

I guess it costs to much for Grizz to have to return such a heavy piece.

I think that you will be fine with Grizz customer service.

Steve Jensen
05-12-2007, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the words of comfort. My Grizzly lathe arrived with no shipping damage but had a manufactures defect and they gladly replaced it. But when I didn't mark the damaged box on the bill of laden for the table saw and then realized it was damaged, I've been worrying ever since. We'll see how it goes Monday when they call. Again, I couldn't be happier with the quality of this machine, it is very nice. Thanks for sharing your experiences. It sounds like Grizzly is a great company.

Steve Jensen
05-18-2007, 10:58 PM
After a couple calls from Grizzly confirming I needed an 84" front rail tube they decide to ship a replacement and told my to dispose of the damaged part however I see fit. Good so far.

Replacement arrives today, but instead of the 84" front rail tube for the 1023SLX, it's the shorter front rail tube for the 1023SL.

The Grizzly lathe I ordered in April still is not up and running. The factory headstock was assembled incorrectly and the replacement arrived in a badly busted up crate that had NO packaging inside. No stryofoam or nothing, just laying inside rattling around. This after the Grizzly guy told ME to be sure to package it well before sending it back to them, which I did. As a matter of fact, I packaged the return MUCH better than the one they sent me. Anyway, long story short, I refused the shipment and now it turns out the part is back ordered until sometime in June.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=56869

Gee whiz guys, what in the world does a guy have to do? What would you do?

I'm hanging in there but my patience is wearing thin. I'm starting to think buying machinary online is not the way to go.

Shiraz Balolia
05-19-2007, 12:37 AM
After a couple calls from Grizzly confirming I needed an 84" front rail tube they decide to ship a replacement and told my to dispose of the damaged part however I see fit. Good so far.

Replacement arrives today, but instead of the 84" front rail tube for the 1023SLX, it's the shorter front rail tube for the 1023SL.

The Grizzly lathe I ordered in April still is not up and running. The factory headstock was assembled incorrectly and the replacement arrived in a badly busted up crate that had NO packaging inside. No stryofoam or nothing, just laying inside rattling around. This after the Grizzly guy told ME to be sure to package it well before sending it back to them, which I did. As a matter of fact, I packaged the return MUCH better than the one they sent me. Anyway, long story short, I refused the shipment and now it turns out the part is back ordered until sometime in June.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=56869

Gee whiz guys, what in the world does a guy have to do? What would you do?

I'm hanging in there but my patience is wearing thin. I'm starting to think buying machinary online is not the way to go.

Hang in there, Steve!
I know exactly how that feels - happened to me today. Had a custom order chair for a special occasion show up with the wrong part this week. Got the replacement part expressed to me, arrived today and it's the wrong part. I know, not on par with the frustration you are feeling, but this kind of stuff happens. Just wished it hadn't happened to me. We will get you taken care of next week. I'll have a manager call you to take care of this on Monday. Our sincere apologies for the obvious screw-up.

Now where's that paddle?!

Steve Jensen
05-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Mr. Balolia,

I guess the thing that does make me hang in there is how kind and polite your customer service staff has been to me. You should know that everyone I've interacted with at Grizzly has been absolutely great. I do realize mistakes happen and I was just really frustrated yesterday given my bad luck. My patience has been renewed hower, I can't ask for any more than you personally acknowledging my issue. Thank you.

Steve Jensen
05-25-2007, 12:57 AM
The Grizzly parts manager contacted me Monday with shipping information for both the front rail tube and lathe headstock unit. I picked up both packages from UPS freight tonight. Both pieces were packaged better than I ever imaged and they arrived in absolutely perfect condition. I got the headstock unit put on tonight and everything lines up great. I'll finish getting the table saw put together this weekend and post some long overdue gloats next week.

I can't emphasize enough how great Grizzly has been and I won't hesitate for a second to purchase Grizzly products again.

Scott Coffelt
05-25-2007, 10:04 AM
Not meant as a bash or anything against other vendors, but sure wish the others that used to be the tops in the market could learn from Grizzly. I took so much grief early on when buying grizzly tools about how could I buy junk from Tiawan. I'v had nothing but great performance from my machines and when there was an issue, the CS made it right.

Like I said, their are others who were once king that need to stop and take notice.

Ed Lang
05-25-2007, 10:37 AM
I too took poking at for buying Grizzly.

My first trip to Grizzly was in 1980 something. I drove a long way to Williamsport, PA and found the place. I enjoyed walking around looking at the equipment and then got loaded. The past few times I went to get equipment they had moved to Muncey, PA and WOW what a BIG showroom they have now. They even have a snackbar and pond inside. Quite a place to say the least.

I have bought two 10" table saws, 2 jointers 6" and 8", dust collector 4 bag, lathe, two band saws 19" and 14", Air filter, 20" planer, lots of router and shaper cutters and some hand tools. All items were good and as you can see, I still go back.

Glad all worked out for you in the end, I knew it would.

Go Grizzly!