PDA

View Full Version : laser problem

Ron Pillon
05-12-2007, 3:14 PM
Hi I was wondering if any one would be able to help me.
my epilog mini was going along good until I heard a noise like the head crashing at the end ran this same program before.
turn the machine off and when I put it back on the machine will move along y direction to zero but when it heads to x0 all of a sudden along the way it will just take off and hit the end x- bang and then go back x+ about 3 inches then bang once more on x- then back to x3.0.
I can set a new home and cut from there no troubles.

It is saturday no tech today if any one can help thank you in advance.

Jeff DeVore
05-12-2007, 5:06 PM
I had this happen once on my Epilog Legend 24EX. It turned out to be a dirty encoder strip. Wiped it off with 409 and it solved the problem. Now I clean both encoder strips on a regular basis.

Ron Pillon
05-12-2007, 5:19 PM
I have tried cleaning the strip twice and still not working.

Thad Nickoley
05-12-2007, 6:56 PM
I had a similar problem once. It turned out that the screw that holds the cover on the arm was protroding out just enough that it caught the thin electrical connection tape and pulled it out of the head. I put a piece of electrical tap to cover the end of the srew so that now that electrical glides past the protruding screws. hope this makes sense.

Ron Pillon
05-12-2007, 7:04 PM
I have already tried unpluging and pluging the ribbon cord.
Thanks everyone for replies

Thad Nickoley
05-13-2007, 10:53 PM
Ribbon cord....I was trying to come up with the proper term the whole time I was typing the response.

Perry Brock
05-14-2007, 7:36 AM
On my Trotec 60w Speedy I had a similar incident. The ribbon cable itself had to be replaced. It seems that all the flexing can crack the wires inside and you will get unwanted activity that will show up in the worst of times and places.

Ron Pillon
05-14-2007, 8:37 AM
Thank everyone here on sawmill creek for all of your help.
Turned ribion cable around and machine is working great.
Thanks again everyone.

Peck Sidara
05-14-2007, 9:56 AM
Ron,

I'm glad you found the solution. I'll typically stop by on the weekends but these last and upcoming weeks are busy ones. Flipping the cable over is a temporary fix. Call tech support and get another one before the connection breaks.

Regards,

Ron Pillon
05-14-2007, 8:34 PM
Thanx to epilog for customer service and everyone for solving this problem the creek is a great place.
Had this machine 3 years and this is the first problem great machine thankx again.