PDA

View Full Version : Corners clipping in Corel X3

Mike Hood
05-12-2007, 12:04 AM
I'm getting a wierd one every once in awhile.

Every so often, I've drawn objects (polygons) in Corel X3, and when I go to cut them on my laser, the corners are clipped. It's like it disregards the corner entirely and takes a short cut to the next node in the path.

It's pretty inconsistent... and even more irritating :) Duplicating or rotating an object seems to trigger it. If I move (even slightly) the node that got skipped... it'll fix the problem.

Again... it only happens when the cuts are made... won't show up on the screen at all.

Anyone else ever heard of such thing?

Dave Jones
05-12-2007, 1:08 PM
If you slow the speed of the laser down does it go to the very points?

Mike Hood
05-13-2007, 11:43 PM
Nope... and it doesn't do is consistently. It always seems to happen if an object is duplicated. It's always cutting a corner inbetween nodes which makes it worse. It's not truly skipping a node, as the places it starts the "shortcut" has no nodes. :)

I attached a picture if this helps show what I mean.

Mitchell Andrus
05-14-2007, 8:24 AM
Put your setup in your sig file. What laser, who's/what driver are you using... perhaps you can download the latest version.....Not showing up on screen indicates a driver problem. Maybe a firmware glitch.

Mike Hood
05-14-2007, 10:48 PM
Put your setup in your sig file. What laser, who's/what driver are you using... perhaps you can download the latest version.....Not showing up on screen indicates a driver problem. Maybe a firmware glitch.

Yeah... I'll have to try it with one of my laptops. I think the driver is different on one of them.

Problem is, it's not very repeatable. Just happens every once in awhile. Quite the mystery. :)