PDA

View Full Version : Just a general gloat

Gary Herrmann
05-11-2007, 9:52 PM
I mean a General Gloat.

I got a General 650 from Santa a couple years ago. I've been very impressed with the quality and tolerances of this tool and brand.

I've got several large projects coming up and with the Redmond sale, I just couldn't resist when I saw the prices. You can see the wood pile for one of the projects behind the new arrivals.

The CFO approved the 14" planer (model 130) and the 8" jointer (model 480). Due to the Holbren sale (thanks Brian), I also have a couple Byrds flying my way.

With the 90 degree turn and steep, narrow stairs to my basement shop, I wouldn't want to try to get anything bigger down those stairs.

I cleaned them up a bit, but I have a lot more to do. Altho with birthdays, Mother's day, retirement gifts for teachers etc, these two may sit for a bit before I can get to them.

Jim Dunn
05-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Gary nice gloat to say the least. (did you ever start drinking coffee???)

Steve Clardy
05-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Nice tool gloat!!

Andrew Williams
05-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Nice haul! The maple leaf tools are made really well!

Gary Herrmann
05-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Gary nice gloat to say the least. (did you ever start drinking coffee???)

When I have insomnia, I'll choke some down in the morning, but thats about it.

SWMBO knows how to make it, so c'mon by - we even have some Starbucks beans from her brother.

Scot Ferraro
05-11-2007, 10:32 PM
Wow, I am jealous -- nice gloat! I too am a fan of the Green Machines from up North -- I have a 350 that I love and that planer is one of the nicest ones made IMHO. I have been looking at jointers too and all of their HD stuff seems top notch. I will be interested to hear your reviews once you have had a chance to put them to work.

Congrats!!

Scot

Tom Sontag
05-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Shiney and green is good, very good. Have you got DC to handle that planer? Byrds too?!

As the lisping man said to the vacuum, "you thuck!"

Don Bullock
05-12-2007, 12:56 AM
Gary, congratulations. I'll be interested in reading future posts on how well you like them. A planer and jointer are getting closer to the top of my "ready to buy" list.

Tim Malyszko
05-12-2007, 7:25 AM
Gary,

Sweet planer and jointer. That's pretty impressive getting those beasts down the basement.

Have fun!