PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Day Gifts ...

Shane Whitlock
05-11-2007, 7:18 PM
Im having a blast turning these rings and figured I better make a bracelet to match.:D

First pic is one of the rings that I already posted, made about a dozen of them last night ... lol

Second pic is a bracelet, both turned out of the same Box Elder.

Comment/Critiques always welcome,
Shane Whitlock

Steve Schlumpf
05-11-2007, 7:37 PM
Beautiful work Shane! Have to imagine the bracelets will be in hot demand!

About the thumbnail not working on your first photo - it is my understanding that you can only post a photo once - unless you change the name of the photo. If you want to display it again in another post you simply provide a reference to it. Something about cutting down on storage, etc. Should be lots of info (clarification) for you on this subject over in the support forum.

Shane Whitlock
05-11-2007, 8:06 PM
Thanks Steve, I think I figured it out ... at least its working for me now.

Bernie Weishapl
05-11-2007, 11:52 PM
Shane just beautiful. I think you have it down. Nice job.

Pat Doble
05-12-2007, 1:56 AM
Wow - great use of the color/wood in the bracelet. I can't imagine you could capture any more color and contrast in a piece of that size and shape. Great job.

Frank Kobilsek
05-14-2007, 9:01 AM
Shane
Excellent. All my talk on Friday I failed to make a suitable ring. I didn't get alot of time but I made three attempts and crushed all three pulling them off my mandrel. You are the Mother's Day weekend ring champ.

Frank

Mark Pruitt
05-14-2007, 9:06 AM
That is a beautiful bracelet! I can imagine the look on her face when you gave it to her. You made her day for sure.

Ken LaSota
05-14-2007, 7:22 PM
Shane great job I was wondering what size did you make the bracelet?
Ken

Shane Whitlock
05-14-2007, 8:19 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone. LOML showed everyone at work and now they all want one ... lol :D

... what size did you make the bracelet?
Ken
Thanks Ken ... The inside diameter is 2 3/4" and its about 5/8" wide.

Jonathon Spafford
05-15-2007, 2:07 AM
Great work! Those looks like some fun projects... I'm gonna have to try some! Sure bet your wife liked those! They really are pretty! What finish did you use?

Jim Becker
05-15-2007, 10:24 AM
Beautiful work, Shane!