PDA

View Full Version : Corel X3 Grid help

Eric Allen
05-11-2007, 4:10 PM
Anyone know if there is some way to get the grid in Corel X3 to print? I'm doing some cleaning and troubleshooting today, seems like things aren't quite aligning where I'd like them, I'd like a grid pattern in 1/16th increments to print off over the 12x24 field just to check placement.

Gary Hair
05-11-2007, 4:29 PM
Anyone know if there is some way to get the grid in Corel X3 to print? I'm doing some cleaning and troubleshooting today, seems like things aren't quite aligning where I'd like them, I'd like a grid pattern in 1/16th increments to print off over the 12x24 field just to check placement.

Eric,
I don't know how to get the grid to print but you can create your own printable grid very easily. Using the grid tool select the number of rows and columns you want, click and draw the grid. Change the size of the object to whatever you want it to be and you should be able to print.

Gary

Mike Null
05-11-2007, 4:57 PM
I'm only guessing but 1. it's a huge file, gigantic. I just created a 10x10 grid in 1/16's and that was 9800 elements.

2. the grid will extend beyond the print area because the lines occupy space. set the drawing to begin 1/16 down from he top and 1/16 in from the left.

3. I'd try a grid that covered a smaller area and use larger cells.

Eric Allen
05-11-2007, 5:00 PM
Eric,
I don't know how to get the grid to print but you can create your own printable grid very easily. Using the grid tool select the number of rows and columns you want, click and draw the grid. Change the size of the object to whatever you want it to be and you should be able to print.

Gary

That's how I generated my 16lpi grid, if I'm understanding you correctly, but I don't have an option to print it from what I can see.

Robin Lake
05-11-2007, 9:54 PM

Eric --

You can create a grid by drawing a vertical hairline, hold down the ctrl key when you click for the second node. This will ensure it is veritcal. Next, open the transformation docker, select the position tool, enter 0.0625 (1/16th") in the 'Horizontal Position' field. Click 'Apply to Duplicate" to duplicate the line as many times as you like.

Next, turn on 'Snap to Objects' (Alt+z). Click on a node at one end of the first line you made in the paragraph above. Click on the corresponding node of the last line you made in the paragraph above. Go back to the transformation docker, reselect the position tool if necessary, enter 0.0 in the 'Horizontal Position' field. Enter -0.0625 in the 'Vertical Position' field. Click apply to duplicate as many times as you like to create your grid.

You can now position the resulting grid wherever you like on the table and send it to the laser.

If this grid is 1 foot square, there will be nearly 400' of vector cut line to make. The lines are so close together that there will likely be more charring than normal. Lower power and/or higher speed will help with this.

You may be able to answer your question using a grid with somewhat wider spacing.

Good luck.

Robin Lake

Gary Hair
05-12-2007, 3:08 AM
That's how I generated my 16lpi grid, if I'm understanding you correctly, but I don't have an option to print it from what I can see.

I just created gridlines and set them to printable. I did a print preview and they were there.
I also created a grid using the grid tool and the maximum number of row and columns is 99 so a 6" (96x96) is the largest you would be able to create at a time. You could copy and paste but you are talking about a huge file.

What are you trying to do exactly, maybe there is an easier way?

Gary