PDA

View Full Version : Rotary Engraver Help 912

AL Ursich
05-11-2007, 2:05 PM
I am learning a Xenetech 912 on a loaned machine and my friend is on a road trip. Can someone point me in the right direction on layout please.
I have been through the help menu's but I am still stumped.

I am laying out a rectangle and I draw it to size with the mouse. Now I want to size it to my new dimensions and for the life of me I cannot find a way to direct enter 1 x 2 inch plate. I can grab the corner and size it but the help menu said use the tool kit? I see the status bar at the bottom but can't access it. Is there a hot key to do this?

Thanks,

AL

digitalwoodshop@aol.com

Tony Lenkic
05-11-2007, 2:54 PM
Al,

With mouse click on the box, you should see bubber band around your original box. Now on left side of the screen you will see "Letter Height" option, enter new value you wish for the height of that box. Further down you will see "Line width", here you will set new value for length of your box.

Tony

AL Ursich
05-11-2007, 3:45 PM
Tony,

Thanks !!!! I am getting the hang of it. I have one of the Sears Compucarve units and needed something to do smaller text. This will make the plastic Fire Dept. Accountability tags nicely. I made them in Sublimation Aluminum but they want plastic..... Give em what they want... Found some red and green reflective plastic too.

Thanks,

AL

Pocono Digital Woodshop
Shohola, PA 18458

Laser Engraving, Sublimation, Rotary Engraving, and V Carved Signs.

Carol VanArnam
05-11-2007, 9:25 PM
Al- i like your tags but what are they for? what are they made out of? that looks like a gromit?

AL Ursich
05-11-2007, 11:01 PM
Carol,

They are Fire Department Accountability Tags. They are .040 Aluminum Sublimated tags with a chrome grommet. Each firemen gets 2 tags with clips that they clip to there turn out gear jacket with a dog leash clip. At a fire scene they first clip one on the Chief's Clipboard Ring, that way he knows who is there. The Chief then clips them on another ring as he assigns them to a team. They monitor things like if they have all the safety gear on and how many bottles of AIR they have used.

The second tag is Green for guys qualified to go into a burning building. Everybody else gets a second red one. If they go into a burning building a fire officer on the entry door collects green tags so they know who is in the building.

Some companies use a 3rd tag that is breakable and inside has health info for the hospital if ever needed.

I am working on a whole line of products like Color Sublimated Aluminum tags with sticky tape on back to mark equipment. Color Sublimated plastic decal tags to mark equipment. Some companies use a different color tag for each truck. I just found some reflective decal material I am working with too.

I needed the 912 to make the Accountability Tags in Plastic as that is the standard. Other companies said let me know when you are set up to do plastic, not interested in metal tags....

Just got samples of red and green reflective plastic today and I am excited to get the 912 working. I have a Fire Meeting on the 24th to hand out samples to all the county companies.

I am going to do fire dept custom clip boards too.

This is too much fun...

I am also doing V carved Solar 911 house number signs.... Just finishing the prototype.

I am also doing a Walking Stick that is V Carved "Pocono Mountain Tracker" then Laser Engraved with animal foot prints for the kids.

I am also doing a line of Sublimated Eagle Pictures on plaques and cups from a local photographer.

Step AWAY from the keyboard....... LOL GLoat OFF.....

AL

More pictures on the carvewright forum if I can say that word or link.?

Carol VanArnam
05-12-2007, 2:27 PM
wow i really like your house sign. nice work....

Tony Lenkic
05-12-2007, 5:22 PM
Al,
It is good to hear you are getting hang of it with 912.http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/icons/icon7.gif
If you wold like some more tips on how to setup multiple plates and have the machine cutout in grid cut format with rounding corners as well as to punch holes on the tags, I would be glad to help out.

Tony

AL Ursich
05-13-2007, 1:40 AM
Tony,

That is where I am at now. I have a job to make the Accountability Tags in plastic.

I will make a master in 3/4 inch PVC board to drop the pre cut tags into and make pages of them.

I saw how to do that.

Not pressing the Draw messed me up when I moved my test to a new area of the test board.... Hey why did it not move at the engraver.....

I could use your help please...

It's 1:30 AM and I am reading the EE Forum STILL..... Learned lots....

Thanks,

AL

digitalwoodshop@aol.com