PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
05-11-2007, 7:05 AM
Friday May 11th, 2007

WOW! This week seems to have flown by with after burners on.

At least the weather has been near perfect. I've already started to water the sod I put down last year. No rain in almost two weeks now and none until at least Tuesday or Wednesday.

Not sure what's on the agenda for the weekend just yet. Guess I'll just go with the flow and see what happens. Well, other than catching the Darlington race. Always liked that race. Too bad they took one race away.

I know some of you are treading water, while others are trying to find hotdogs, brats or marshmallows to roast. Here's hoping mother nature gives ya'll a break for a change.

Al & Ted. Guess what weekend this is???? You guys slacked off last weekend, so you'd better hit it hard this weekend.

Have a good weekend all. And remember, what ever you do BE SAFE.

Karl

glenn bradley
05-11-2007, 8:19 AM
Hope to put the trim on the "next" workbench and start milling the lumber for the legs. Mom's day stuff too of course.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-11-2007, 8:27 AM
Saturday....Do the yardwork that I didn't get to last weekend due to my day job. Sunday...take the LOML out to dinner and a movie.

Jack Roest
05-11-2007, 8:29 AM
Hopefully the Mrs. and I will each by a new vehicle. A new 08 Escape for her and a new F150 for Me all at the same dealership, maybe we can get a better deal. Currently she is driving a 01 Focus and the transmission is giving us signs of major problems. only 129000 Kilometers or 83 thousand miles. Mine is a 99 Dodge ram 1500 with over 200000 Kilometers and no problems yet. The wife is going on a long trip next weekend and we don't trust the car. I'm turning 60 this summer and I wished for a new truck later in the year. So this couyld be an early gift. Wish us luck jack

Tim Malyszko
05-11-2007, 8:46 AM
I'm taking the GMAT tomorrow. Other than that, I am spending time with the in-laws and my parents.

Art Mulder
05-11-2007, 8:57 AM
Hopefully the Mrs. and I will each by a new vehicle. A new 08 Escape for her and a new F150 for Me .... I'm turning 60 this summer and I wished for a new truck later in the year. So this could be an early gift. Wish us luck jack

Two at once?! Wow, that'll be some fun negotiating. Best wishes.

Sure you want those vehicles? I doubt either one is going to qualify for the new fuel-efficiency rebates that the government announced. (actually, I don't know if that plan is in place yet)

======

me? Not a whole lot of ww'ing planned this weekend, thanks to my sciatica. Hopefully we'll head off to the Farmer's market, and swing in a visit to Lee Valley... :D

Al Willits
05-11-2007, 11:55 AM
Still finishing up the front fascia, but should be done tonight or tomm morn, then get to help plant all the veggies and stuff I told the wife she should grow....gotta remember to keep my mouth shut when wandering though the garden center...

Hopefully get a bit of woodworking in between planting and trying to clean the garage/shop up from gardening and house repair.

Also got the windows we ordered so will have to figure out how to install them....might do a bit of cleaning first though....:)

And I'm trying to find the notes I took during the cabinet making course, so I can figure out how to measure the styles on the cabinet doors I'm making, so I'll be a busy camper this weekend.

Ya all be safe now...

Al

Greg Cole
05-11-2007, 12:21 PM
The 3rd round of Playoffs for "my" Red Wings starts tonight... so I'll most likely not get anything done tonight, other than pre-game/tailgate at work & head home for the game. I will at least stop at the BORG on the way home for some more 2 X 2's
Saturday LOML is hitting the airport at like 5:30 am to head east for the weekend... so the 5 year old boy and I are "batching it" all weekend.
The mid west weekend is supposed to be stellar, so it's working on the deck, the deck & ummm probably a little more time on the deck. I am pushing to get it done before the furnace kicks on this summer.... still have a 16 X 12 foot crushed stone & flagstone patio to go!
If you aren't a hockey fan but like sports... give the NHL a try this time of year. The intensity & level of competition deserves a little respect in the States!

Be well.

Greg

Dan Gill
05-11-2007, 2:06 PM
I am speaking on a panel at a men's breakfast tomorrow, then working on a remodeling project for a single mom with some of the men from my church. Hopefully we'll get done early enough that I have some shop time to work on drawers for my daughter's dresser.

With Mother's Day, I really don't expect to get any shop time on Sunday.

Jim Becker
05-11-2007, 2:20 PM
"My agenda" includes shop time...it's Professor Dr. SWMBO's turn to do the YMCA duty on Saturday, so it's likely I can continue work on the vanities that are in progress. I probably should also think about getting the steps built to the upper level door on the shop building as I really need to start to be able to get finished cabinetry and raw materials up there...not to mention a sofa that needs to go into storage to provide room for a treadmill in the great room...

Of course, our second Mother's Day celebration will also be on tap!

Fred Voorhees
05-11-2007, 3:51 PM
Taking the wife out tonight (Fri) for a little Mothers Day dinner. Tomorrow, besides the early morning trash run, I will be making a lumber run and bringing home upwards of 150 to 200 board feet of red oak. Found this young lad who is getting into the lumber business and has some 8-10 year old red oak and needs to get rid of it to rotate in some newer stock. I checked out his operation about a month and a half ago and he seems to know what he is doing. Afterall, he took lessons from my old lumber guy, Simmie - rest his soul. Hopefully the weather gods will shine on me and allow me to head out to the dirt track stock car racing program tomorrow night at my usual haunt. Sunday, I will probably be doing some stuff around the house. I have a length of vinyl siding that needs replacing. For some reason, I found a hole in it last Fall. Borrowed a siding removal tool from a roofing and siding buddy the other day, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Sunday should also find me on the Simplicity lawn tractor, mowing the yard. Sunday night will find me catching the Sopranos and taping the final episode of the current run of Survivor.

Dan Strieter
05-11-2007, 10:28 PM
Watched the Red Wings polish off the Ducks tonight. Tomorrow will be making breakfast for my better half with my 5 year old (since we have pancake breakfast at church on Sunday -- free for all mothers of course) plus another trip through the garden with the tiller before getting some seed in on Sunday. Also have some brick to re-line the flower bed along the garage. Hoping to squeeze in some shop time to finish putting together some bed side tables as well.

Steve Clardy
05-11-2007, 10:30 PM
Working in the shop trying to finish up doors for a cabinet job.
This working 7 days a week is getting old:(