PDA

View Full Version : Clean House for a Year!

Dave Hale
05-10-2007, 9:00 PM
So here's how it goes.

A month ago LOML says, 'Some friends wanna go to the Martha Stewart show for National Scrapbook week'. I say, 'Sounds like fun' (yeah, right). They applied for tickets (apparently a hot item), and got 4 spots beginning of last week.

Fast forward to yesterday. LOML (Amy) says, 'Get me up when you get up, I'm going to the MS show'. OK. We ride the train into the city and go our separate ways, me to work, she to the show.

2PM get a call from her, 'Finally out of the taping(s) and on my way home'.
'Long day, huh?', I ask, 'Get any goodies?' 'cause these shows sometimes dole out some gifts to the audience. 'Yeah, you can watch it on the TIVO when you get home'. I think nothing more about it.

Oddly, she offers to pick me up at the train station, I usually walk home. Then I start thinking, 'Something's up'. She says something like, 'You can see me in the audience and I want you to see it before I delete it'. Head upstairs. Martha comes on, then Howie Mandell. Cracks some jokes and pulls out a suitcase, you know, 'Deal or no Deal'. Talks about his germaphobia and opens up the case and the giveaway is a year of housecleaning. Pulls a name out of the case, and sonofagun, 'Amy Hale, come on down!'. Couldn't believe it! My wife on national television and she wins!

First thought I had:
Now I have to widen the door frame to get her head out of the house. :)

2nd:
Do they clean shops? :D

Anyhow, just wanted to share.

Dennis Peacock
05-10-2007, 9:05 PM
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some folks have all the luck. :)

Jim Becker
05-10-2007, 9:31 PM
Kewel!! That's definitely a very nice thing to win... :)

Ken Fitzgerald
05-10-2007, 9:31 PM
Congrats! If you are like me ....you'll have more shop time now!:D

Dave Hale
05-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Naah. Deal is as long as I clean up after myself, my work in the house is done. Very, very understanding lady.

John Schreiber
05-11-2007, 1:28 AM
Congratulations to you and your lucky lady.

Rick Gibson
05-12-2007, 9:22 AM
Congrats. I saw that show the other day before I started to the shop. Would be nice if they cleaned shops to.