Thank you all for your support.
Still at it but it sure ain't easy.
Howard

EliotMason
01-03-2004, 12:07 AM
Huzzah for Howard!

John Miliunas
01-03-2004, 12:09 AM
Keep it up, Howard! Not to scare you, but the worst is yet to come. The last time I tried, the first few days were actually not that bad. The real killer came a week or so later! Just hang in there and keep thinking about that new (insert tool here) you'll have sitting in your shop, in place of spending all the $$ on smokes! :cool:

Dick Howard
01-03-2004, 12:12 AM
Hang in there Howard. Its been about 24 yrs since the last time I quit.
It does get easier. Dick in Emmett, Idaho

Kevin Gerstenecker
01-03-2004, 12:16 AM
Way to go Howard! You CAN do it.............you already have...........now you just need the support to keep it up. We are all here for you, and pulling for you too. GOOD FOR YOU! Welcome to your new life............feels good already, don't it? (Keep telling yourself you are stronger that they are, and you WIN!) MAKE US, and YOU PROUD! ;)

Glenn Clabo
01-03-2004, 8:07 AM
Thank you all for your support.
Still at it but it sure ain't easy.
Howard

Howard,
It's not easy...but it IS worth it! You can do it for you...and your family.

Tyler Howell
01-03-2004, 8:32 AM
Hang Tough Howard It won't be easy!
TJH

Tom Hintz
01-03-2004, 8:36 AM
Howard,
I envy your willpower and determination. Keep it up. We both know how good it is for you to stay away from smoking. Now if I could generate that kind of resolve in myself...

Good luck!

Tom Sweeney
01-03-2004, 9:38 AM
We're with you all the way - You can do this.
John's point reminded me of the time I sold a house to a couple - they didn't want to spend the extra money & I told them they pay more a month for cigs than the additional mortgage would be - if they quit smoking they'd live longer & have the house they really wanted to enjoy that extra life in :D Definately start figuring out what tool you want to buy with the $$ you save - as an added incentive & reward!

Go get em!

Ron McNeil
01-03-2004, 9:44 AM
Howard, Way To Go, Take 1 hour at a time, 1 day at a time, 1 week at a time, one month at a time, 1 year at a time and then the rest of your life which I hope will be many years to come. Hang in there Howard you can do this.

Rob Littleton
01-03-2004, 3:21 PM
My family and I are praying for you......

My mother has emphasemia and I wouldnt wish that on ANYONE.........

Hang in there bud.......

Ron Jones near Indy
01-03-2004, 5:44 PM
Go get'um Howard. Every hour smoke free is a success! I wish you the best.

Carl Eyman
01-03-2004, 6:14 PM
Just krro remonding yourself of all the bad things about smoking.

Von Bickley
01-03-2004, 8:58 PM
Howard,
Hang in there. It will get better. When I quit smoking I was thinking about cigarettes constantly. Days go by now and I don't even think about a cigarette.
If I can do it, I know you can.

Hang tough Howard........It will get better.