PDA

View Full Version : My latest pens

Brent Scoggins
05-10-2007, 9:29 AM
Here are some of my latest pens that I have made. I have truly enjoyed making these pens, it is relaxing and a true stress reliever. I may never get rich selling them but I am having a great time building them. Thanks for looking!!!

Bernie Weishapl
05-10-2007, 9:36 AM
Brent those are beautiful. I really like the designs on them. Nice job. Yes turning is a great stress reliever for sure.

Mario Lucchesi
05-10-2007, 9:52 AM
Great looking pens. I hope to return to pen making soon and this has been a good reminder of how I miss it.

Thanks.

Paul Engle
05-10-2007, 10:08 AM
Brent, nice work. I really like the hurricane rita pen, love that " grain ".

Ron Raymond
05-10-2007, 12:47 PM
Beautiful work, Brent!

Phillip H Smith
05-10-2007, 1:35 PM
Brent...

Beautiful pens! I hope to do some pens soon...and I'll be happy if they're 1/10th as nice as yours.

Can you share with me/us how you did the blanks? Are those inlays? Or did you make glue ups? Either way....How'd you do that????

BTW...what's a Hurricane Rita pen?

Jim Shaver, Oakville Ont
05-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Very nice work Brent, the banded look is nice:)

Brent Scoggins
05-24-2007, 12:11 AM
Phil.... Thanks for looking. Sorry, I have been planting and have not checked my post for a while. What I did, is mitered my blanks and glued them back together. It really works well as long as you have a good jig to hold the blanks secure. Some of the cuts are close so you have to watch those fingers. There is really no limit to what you can do if you have the imagination and time. It is great fun!!! Brent

Brent Scoggins
05-24-2007, 12:22 AM
Phil.... Thanks for looking. Sorry, I have been planting and have not checked my post for a while. What I did, is mitered my blanks and glued them back together. It really works well as long as you have a good jig to hold the blanks secure. Some of the cuts are close so you have to watch those fingers. There is really no limit to what you can do if you have the imagination and time......... My brother-in-law works for a line company and went down to help repair the electrical lines after hurricane Rita. He brought back a piece of wood that he cut up to repair the lines. So I made that pen and called it the hurricane Rita pen. Take care and happy hunting. Brent

Jonathon Spafford
05-24-2007, 3:33 AM
Wow these are some gorgeous pens with some awesome details and wood combinations! Awesome work... I'm jealous of your skill ;)

What is the finish?