PDA

View Full Version : Our new toy has arrived!!!!!

Mike Mastin
01-02-2004, 11:11 PM
Well the new Minimax MM24 finally arrived today. We were told that it would come on Wednesday afternoon, but it did not. Anyway it is here and we spent about two hours wiping and scraping cosmoline from places that I just don't understand why they were covered with this crap!
I order a pair of Lenox TriMaster carbide bandsaw blades with the saw, but they were out of stock. They are supposed to be shipping early next week. I still need to get a power cord from the Depot and get it all wired, but without a blade it is not a pressing matter yet.
It sure looks great sitting here in the workshop, even if it isn't functional yet :-) I have attached three photos of the saw.

Jim Becker
01-02-2004, 11:17 PM
Oh, boy...that's one fine looking machine, Mike. She's a beaut! Congratulations...use it often and safely.

I'll have to be sure to stop by on my next trip to Dallas and give it a closer look. But now I'm really excited about getting it's little sister, the MM-16, next weekend into my own shop... :D

Mark Singer
01-03-2004, 12:38 AM
Hi,
I have that Lennox Blade...your going to love it!
Mark

David Rose
01-03-2004, 1:09 AM
Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! Drool dribble slobber... :p Wow! That is a real bandsaw! Since the bandsaw is my primary saw I REALLY need one of those. Drool... Gonna show the "lil woman" right now. We can start saving for her birthday in March! Well... the drool is honest anyway. :(

Congrats! That is sure to be one fine tool. And I love those blades too.

David

Richard McComas
01-03-2004, 3:41 AM
Well the new Minimax MM24 finally arrived today. We were told that it would come on Wednesday afternoon, but it did not. Anyway it is here and we spent about two hours wiping and scraping cosmoline from places that I just don't understand why they were covered with this crap!
I order a pair of Lenox TriMaster carbide bandsaw blades with the saw, but they were out of stock. They are supposed to be shipping early next week. I still need to get a power cord from the Depot and get it all wired, but without a blade it is not a pressing matter yet.
It sure looks great sitting here in the workshop, even if it isn't functional yet :-) I have attached three photos of the saw.
WOW! All I can say is, "I want one of those".

Glenn Clabo
01-03-2004, 9:45 AM
Congrats Mike. It's nice to see a good company be able to afford such an improvement. I'm sure it will make your life easier. Can't wait to see it in action!

Mike Mastin
01-03-2004, 9:58 AM
Thank you for your kind words Glenn. As with any new business, cash flow is always a critical part of daily operations :-) I have been very reluctant to spend any money on anything that I could not sell or eat :-)
I have been blessed with a wealth of folks that have allowed us the chance to earn their business and along the way I have made many wonderful friends.

Tom Sweeney
01-03-2004, 11:25 AM
Never having had the opportunity to deal with Curly Woods (yet) the following tells me all I need to know about you & your business:

"I have been blessed with a wealth of folks that have allowed us the chance to earn their business and along the way I have made many wonderful friends."

Congrats on the new purchase - I hope it helps the wood shop run more efficiently for you & returns the investment quickly.