PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Customer Service - Battery Rebuilders

Mike Weaver
05-09-2007, 2:28 PM
This is old news to some folks, but it's nice to hear (IMHO) when a company provides excellent customer service.

Our own Jason Abel @ Battery Rebuilders (http://www.batteryrebuilders.com) rebuilt a pair of 12v Makita NiCD batteries for me last month.

I'm fortunate enough to live within about 30 mins, so I had the pleasure of meeting him & had the chance to see him rebuild them. He has a very cool spot welder, but I digress...:D

Upon attempting to recharge one of the batteries, my charger indicated the battery was too hot....even after 24 hrs of sitting in the basement. :(

A quick email to Jason, and a prepaid return label was in my email inbox. After getting it shipped to him, a few short days later, the issue had been corrected and I had it back. I should add that Jason was in contact with me via email the entire time. :D

Kudos to Battery Rebuilders for a fine product & fine customer service!!

-Mike
PS I switched from NiCD to NiMH (after Jason graciously answered my many questions), and man, what a difference in runtime!
Woo Hoo! I loved my Makita drill before, and I love it even more now!

Jim Becker
05-09-2007, 2:30 PM
I'll reinforce the kudos to Jason...excellent service on my own recent purchase as well as answering my questions for putting things together afterward.

Bob Wingard
05-09-2007, 2:55 PM
I try to promote his services every chance I get .. .. .. a small business with his kind of customer service & support is exactly what I'd like to see in a big business !! !! !!

Big shots are nothing but little shots that kept shooting .. .. ..

Jeffrey Schronce
05-09-2007, 4:05 PM
Well Mike, I'm closer than you by about 27 minutes :cool: !

I called Jason up one day and went over with 5 batteries. He patiently rebuilt them while AND put up with me watching over his shoulder. Very cool spot welder. Very cool guy.

Jason Abel
05-10-2007, 10:34 AM
Thanks guys!! I have some specials coming up soon (hopefully within a week). Keep checking in. As always I'm only a phone call (or in some cases) a short drive away.

Thanks,
Jason Abel
Battery Builders

Steven DeMars
07-06-2007, 9:06 PM
Does anyone have any idea what it cost to rebuild a battery for a Bosch Model # 3361818volt. A new battery is eighty dollars plus tax @ Lowes. Appears to be the lowest price I can find.

Steve Clardy
07-06-2007, 9:29 PM
Yep. Jason is A-OK in my books.:cool: :D

I found him hiding on Ebay a few years ago, and directed him over here.:)

Matt Meiser
07-06-2007, 9:53 PM
I just got my first two batteries (Porter Cable) I had Jason rebuild back yesterday--the run time and I think the power is much improved over the situation before I sent them in. Even with the holiday, I had them back less than 1-1/2 weeks after mailing them out. I immediately sent him the batteries for my Ryobi drill and saw and expect that they will be better than new once rebuilt with good cells.

Steve DeMars, the URL for Jason's site is http://www.batteryrebuilders.com

Jim Becker
07-07-2007, 9:44 PM
I worked the 14.4 Dewalt packs hard this past week on my step project (I rebuilt from Jason's kits) and they performed outstandingly.

Jason Abel
07-08-2007, 1:38 PM
Glad all is well guys. My normal turn-around time is about 2-3 business days....unless I pinch a nerve in my back like happened the other week :mad:

I have some people helping me out to keep things moving or there is no way I could do it so fast. I still do about 90% of the rebuilds myself and have others doing accounting, shipping, charging, testing, and purchasing.

It took forever to find a high end battery to use to rebuild with but with the feedback I continue to get I guess I finally caught a good one. Charge and care for those batteries properly and I'm sure you will get them to last a long time. If not you know how to get in touch.

Jason

Dave MacArthur
06-16-2010, 1:48 AM
Old thread, but I'm trying to find out if Jason still does batteries? The link up above to Battery Rebuilders now goes to a company named MTO...
I heard only good words about Jason, and would like to send him my business if he's still around--Anyone ?

If not, where do folks send their batteries for rebuilding now?
Thanks!

Steve Clardy
06-16-2010, 9:32 AM
Yes. Thats Jason. Business name change

JohnT Fitzgerald
06-16-2010, 11:07 AM
Dave- Jason's profile indicates that MTO is in fact his company.

Jason Abel
06-19-2010, 10:58 PM
It is indeed still the same company just new name. We still do business as Battery Builders Inc. but now do most of our consumer sales through MTO Battery. Thanks!

Jim Eller
06-20-2010, 7:34 PM
Jason is da man.

I got great service also.

Jim

Brian Gumpper
06-20-2010, 10:01 PM
I have an old 12V DeWalt I need to do something with. How do you know if the charger will handle NiMH batteries?