PDA

View Full Version : Wooden Tray with Acrylic

Belinda Barfield
05-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Just finished this birthday gift for a friend. The tray inset is cast acrylic. I'm still learning so advice is always welcome.:)

Bob Tate
05-09-2007, 3:36 PM
I think you have learned well. That is very nice. One to be proud of. Good work.
Bob

Belinda Barfield
05-09-2007, 3:48 PM
Thank you Bob. I appreciate your kind words. The things I do are so simple compared to what the other engravers post that I am almost embarassed to show them. Thanks for taking a look see!

Frank Corker
05-09-2007, 7:31 PM
Belinda, you've done a great job there, blending the two mediums together is one of the things I like about the laser. You can put two things that don't naturally happen together and as in your case, make something very beautiful and unique. Nice work

Belinda Barfield
05-09-2007, 9:41 PM
Thank you Frank. I value your opinion, and praise.

Phyllis Meyer
05-10-2007, 8:54 AM
Hello there Belinda,

The tray is beautiful! You did do a wonderful job! Where did you get the tray? How is the weather, one of these days I'm gonna show up on your deck for coffee:)

Have an awesome day...83 here today...IN WISCONSIN! Yeeeha, we have to enjoy these days before the snow flies again!

Phyllis:)

Belinda Barfield
05-10-2007, 9:04 AM
Thanks Phyllis! I picked up the tray at World Maket for $13.00. As for the weather, we have our first tropical storm of the Hurricane season - which doesn't start until June 1. Really windy yesterday. The wildfires here in Georgia are our main problem, generating a lot of smoke. I am in the middle of a donation drive for items for the firefighters so I'm pretty busy. We're making a run down to the firefight area Friday night to make a drop. Keep us in your thoughts. Have a wonderful 83 degree day!!:)

Larry Bratton
05-10-2007, 4:32 PM
Good work Belinda. A nice design!
Are you getting smoke down your way from Waycross area?

Belinda Barfield
05-10-2007, 4:53 PM
Thanks Larry! We are north of Waycross, so we only had a smoke problem for a few days before the winds shifted when the "tropical" storm arrived. As I mentioned to Phyllis in post #7, I will be headed into the thick of it tomorrow night though. If you are interested there is a picture of one firefront and smoke in a thread on the Off Topic Forum. The title of the thread is Really Cool Storm Image. The folks around Waycross have really had a rough time with the smoke, ongoing for three and a half weeks now. The situation is not getting any better. We've lost around 200,000 acres of forest to date with the Okefenokee Wildlife Refuge and the Osceola National Forest in danger.

Thanks again for taking a peek and giving me feedback. :)

James Rambo
05-10-2007, 6:55 PM
Belinda, I too see your work as good looking. And to find a combination that looks good and is so simple to accomplish is even better.
Be thankful that it is a subtropicle storm. I live in the town that Hurricane Charlie went though and we are still recovering. And the wind you received from the storm brought the smoke from those fires our way.We are not waiting for this years season.

Belinda Barfield
05-11-2007, 8:12 AM
Thanks James. I'm sure you guys are seeing a lot of smoke between the fires in your state and the ones in GA. Recovery from natural disasters takes much longer than a lot of people realize, and I know there are a number of folks in Florida who haven't recovered from the season a couple of years ago. Hope this season is a quiet one.