PDA

View Full Version : The relative interest in various jigs

David Dundas
05-09-2007, 1:47 AM
In the 10 days since I first put up my blog (http://rockerswoodwork.blogspot.com/), which contains free downloadable articles and plans of five different jigs, those articles/plans have been downloaded 381 times; this was gratifying, but what surprised me was the relative popularity of the jigs. The crosscut sled was the easily the most popular with 123 downloads, followed by the box-joint jig (104), the tenoning jig (59), the mortising jig lite (58), and the precision mortising jig (37). I suppose the relatively low level of interest in the precision mortising jig may be attributable to the fact that I have already distributed around 250 copies of the article on it over the past four years by e-mail.

The three articles on furniture projects all attracted a similar level of interest: the Bow-fronted hall table was most popular with 84 downloads, followed by the Zigzag chair with bridle joinery (64), and the CD cabinet (54).

Anyway, I would encourage anyone who may have missed my original mention of the blog to download any article they may be interested in, but I will not pester the forum by mentioning the blog again, until I add a new free article to it.

David Dundas