PDA

View Full Version : Maple Burl--- What am I bid???

Mike Brooks
05-08-2007, 4:54 PM
Howdy all, talked with my side-kick and since we are up to our hip-pockets in burl- maple, decided to offer some to the creeker gang. Not looking to get rich on this, shipping expenses plus a donation to help cover costs, fuel-saw chains, "pain-killer" for the sawyer and ground-crew, read LOML, who spent 3 looong days helping rassel those big blocks up onto the trailer.Suggestions-- offers, the rest of it will fit nicely in one of our 3 wood-stoves. Can cut to size,trim as you desire, have some sliced for flat-work also. Since I don't have the spinny-sickness, I have cut some for picture- frames,cutting boards etc. You can PM or call me at 509-780-3906 . Thanks, Mike

Nancy Laird
05-08-2007, 5:36 PM
Can you post some pictures??

And where are you located?

Nancy

Mike Brooks
05-08-2007, 5:52 PM
Hi Nancy, I can't post pics till my wife gets home, she is the computer-whiz around here. We live 'bout 15 miles west of Clarkston, Wa, 100 miles south of Spokane,Wa. near the border to Idyhoo. What size are you looking for? Have some pieces 12-14 inches in diameter. Thanks for the reply, Mike

Nancy Laird
05-08-2007, 6:15 PM
Mike, you need to get hold of Ken Fitzgerald in Lewiston - good guy and would make a great Creeker visit for both of you. He's a turner and would probably drool a little over the burl too.

I'll look for the pics tonight. Thanks, I'd be looking for smaller pieces for pen blanks, bottle stoppers, maybe max 3x3" x whatever long. I'm a novice turner on anything except pens, so I don't want to have too much wood lying around that doesn't get used up.

Nancy

Mike Brooks
05-08-2007, 6:59 PM
Hello again Nancy, guess who is my "side-kick", alias partner-in-crime?? Sho' nuff, mr Fitzgerald hisself. Small world,eh? Adios, Mike