PDA

View Full Version : Popular Woodworking handplanes article.

Alex Berkovsky
05-08-2007, 12:43 PM
I just finished reading the June 2007 issue of Popular Woodworking and found the "Handplanes for Beginners" article quite informative. If you're new to handplanes like myself, this article is a must.

Don Bullock
05-08-2007, 1:15 PM
I fully agree with that statement. The article explains a lot of information that I dod not understand and has given me a big boost toward the slippery slope.

Louis Bois
05-09-2007, 9:26 AM
I totally agree...and that gorgeous, lush illustration just sets the tone for the article perfectly...:rolleyes: doesn't it?!?:D

Rob Bodenschatz
05-09-2007, 9:32 AM
Absolutely agree. Great article. I'm gonna read it again.

Andrew Williams
05-09-2007, 10:18 AM
Is it just me or does it seem like PWW has become the de facto Neanderthal mag lately? They seem to cover a lot more hand-tool ground than FWW of late.

Dave Anderson NH
05-09-2007, 12:15 PM
For those of you who might not have understood Louis' reference to the illustrations in the PWW article, he was the illustrator and was slyly tooting his own horn. He snuck a stealth gloat in on us folks.

Oh, by the way..... nice job Louis.

Louis Bois
05-09-2007, 3:31 PM
Thanks Dave. I guess that was my 15 minutes of fame...and I had to prompt it...now it's back to scrubbing those latrines...:cool:

Mark Stutz
05-09-2007, 4:25 PM
Louis,
Congrats on a job well done! Sorry I missed that you had contributed to that article:o .

Andrew,
I think the increasing number of articles on hand tool useage reflects the interest of the editor!:D Chris is very knowledgable in this realm and practices the art as well.

Mark