PDA

View Full Version : CSUSA Pen Tubes

Tom DiBiasio
05-08-2007, 8:39 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows if I can get replacement pen tubes at woodcraft for a CSUSA European kit. I just started turning pens this weekend and had a few mishaps with tubes being pushed out the end of the blank when using to much poly glue. I checked the cost of new tubes from CSUSA and they are .45 a set but almost $6.00 to ship and I have a woodcraft very close to my work. Has anyone figured out if there is a cross reference to a particular kit that woodcraft sells.

Steve Trauthwein
05-08-2007, 8:45 AM
Take the tube you need to the store with you and see if they can match it up.

Regards, Steve

Mike Vickery
05-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Besides slim line and cigars most tubes from different suppliers will not fit in othe companies kits. I am not sure on the kit you mention since I do not use it.
You learned a valuable lesson always order a couple extra tubes. You can try soaking you barrels in acentone to recover your tubes but I am not sure if it will work on poly glue I use epoxy to glue my tubes. That or wait to get the tubes next time you make an order.

Nancy Laird
05-08-2007, 1:23 PM
Just go to Woodcraft and talk to one of the sales people and they can match you up. The extra tubes usually come in a package of ten tubes. A 7mm or 8mm tube is the same from any manufacturer--some kit makers call them A and B, others call them 1 and 2, but if the diameter (ID and OD) are the same, you can match them and use them. All of the Europeans at CSUSA seem to take 7mm tubes, so if you buy the right length of tubes from Woodcraft, they should work just fine. Take your bushings with you to make sure that they fit properly into the tubes, and you should be all set.

Nancy

Stan Cook
05-08-2007, 4:37 PM
Euro tubes from berea and csusa are interchangeable, so yes you can pick up some tubes at woodcraft. Even slimline tubes will work, although it will result in a shorter lower section.