PDA

View Full Version : Measured Drawings For Victorian Legs

Barry Bruner
05-07-2007, 7:34 PM
Anyone know of any books on the market that has measured drawings of legs. I like Victorian furniture and can`t find any drawings. BARRY BRUNER

Jonathon Spafford
05-08-2007, 2:54 AM
If you haven't already, you might ask this question in one of the woodworking sub-forums! Might get more replies!

George Tokarev
05-08-2007, 7:50 AM
Anyone know of any books on the market that has measured drawings of legs. I like Victorian furniture and can`t find any drawings. BARRY BRUNER

Are you speaking of cabriole patterns with turned feet? If so, you might try my favorite turning book, The Practical Woodturner by Frank Pain. It's back in print, I believe. He shows the basic layouts, jigs and cuts. You supply the length and curve.

Barry Bruner
05-08-2007, 6:30 PM
I have several patterns for the cabriole legs and also a video but its hard to find straight leg patterns for a tavern table. I have done some useing the trial and error and I came up with mostly error. Barry Bruner

George Tokarev
05-09-2007, 5:53 AM
I have several patterns for the cabriole legs and also a video but its hard to find straight leg patterns for a tavern table. I have done some useing the trial and error and I came up with mostly error. Barry Bruner

Perspective. You have to take the time to look at tavern table legs from above once in a while. :p

No suggestion except to get to a picture and proportion out what's pleasing. Bit of dividers work after allowing for perspective change.

Paul Engle
05-09-2007, 10:31 AM
Barry, check out Stucky or mission patterns just google it and see what comes up, I did some legs for a Harvest table and thats how I got the idea for turned / mission type leg.Check the Van Dyke restorers catalog for ideas, they must have several dozen type victorian, etc legs I use it for period hardware , it has two tons of ideas and authentic shapes etc.

Barry Bruner
05-09-2007, 4:03 PM
Thank you very much for the ideas, one of them will work I`m sure. BARRY BRUNER