PDA

View Full Version : New Thunderbird User

Peter Stahl
05-07-2007, 6:39 PM
I just installed T-Bird on my laptop. What I want to do with it is access Me and My Wifes email on Comcast.net separately. When I made the first account everything that was still on the server came up and I could read it ok. I made a second account which I thought would be separate from mine but it lumped all the emails together. How do you keep accounts separate? Will T-Bird keep these email on the server? I don't want them downloaded to the Laptop. I have Outlook on my desktop and this will download them to the PC where I want them. Also what is the best way to get my address book from Outlook to T-Bird?

thanks, Pete Stahl

Curt Harms
05-07-2007, 7:34 PM
Hi Peter-
To leave Email on the server-
click on the account name
view settings for this account
lower right pane-leave messages on server for however long or until You delete them. I don't know if there is a way to delete the message in T'bird without deleting it on the email server, there probably is.I have 2 accounts from 2 email providers with no problems. I only have one 1 STMP server designated, however.

HTH

Curt

Jim Becker
05-09-2007, 11:53 AM
T-Bird has the ability to deliver email from different accounts to different "in-boxes". Set up your "in-boxes" and then go to "Advanced Settings" under Server Settings for each account and work out the details appropriately.