PDA

View Full Version : This is National Nurses' Week

Mark Pruitt
05-07-2007, 10:56 AM
I said this in another forum but it deserves its own thread.

The week of May 6-11 is National Nurses' Week. I doubt that there is a single SMC member who has not at some point been cared for by a nurse or witnessed the compassion shown by a nurse to a loved one. Personally, I owe the fact that I am alive to the care of some excellent nurses.

If you know a nurse (or if you're lucky enough to have one in the family, as I do), be sure to take a moment this week to thank her/him for the compassionate care they give to people in need.

Charles McKinley
05-07-2007, 11:11 AM
In the words of Curly, "OH BOY NURSES!"

Thanks for the heads up Mark. I guess LOML gets two gifts this week. (Mother's Day is Sunday guys.)

Glenn Clabo
05-07-2007, 11:15 AM
I'll second this...Nurses are special people who work under great stress with little understanding of what they actually do. I believe it's one of the most, if not THE most, misundertood profession. My wife (aka DrLOML) is a very dedicated and proud nurse.

A little know fact...One of the biggest reasons for the nursing shortage is the lack of nurse educators. DrLOML is the undergrad director at our state university...who has to turn away applications because there just isn't enough professors to teach the classes and clinicals.

Bill Wyko
05-11-2007, 5:22 PM
My LOML is in nursing school. SShe'll be glad to hear this.:D

Ken Fitzgerald
05-11-2007, 9:30 PM
I have a sister.... a Nurse Practioner....double masters...when I have a medical problem....she's the first person I want to talk to .......Undeniably a greatly underestimated, underpaid and under appreciated profession! They put the personal touch in the professional and technical touch!