PDA

View Full Version : Knight Plane Gloat

Lloyd Parker
05-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Still a neader newbie, but I ordered this plane from Steve Knight awhile back and it just came this past Friday. It was a Valentine's gift from LOML. Thought I would show it off.

Bubinga
30" razee jointer
47 degree bed
2.5" blade width
8.75lb

Should put it to the test when I flatten my in progress workbench top.

Enjoy.

Fred Gross
05-07-2007, 12:34 AM
Beautiful woody! Do you have any other ones? I've admired his planes for awhile now and am always toying with getting one. I may have to make one of his a priority on my tool list.

Bob Hallowell
05-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Nice score, I have a stanley 7 and 8 but I always seem to reach for my 24" knight when I need a jointer.

Bob

Lloyd Parker
05-07-2007, 11:56 PM
No other woodies at present, but from the job Steve did on this one I might be ordering a couple of more soon.

Tyler Howell
05-08-2007, 9:45 AM
:confused: Schweeeeet!!!
Is it sitting on cloth? Or does it have a dark wood bottom

Charles McKinley
05-08-2007, 10:11 AM
Very nice Lloyd,

I'm glad to see Steve's plane put to work.

Doug Littlejohn
05-09-2007, 7:01 PM
Before I get off onto my tangent, You SUck !!, that's a real nice plane there, I LOVE Bubinga !!

Now, can you or someone else tell me what the screw button just in front of the throat is for??

TIA,

Sherwood

Ben Grunow
05-09-2007, 9:49 PM
I dont have any woodies (only a few steelies) but it seems to me that there is something missing from that plane. A front knob/handle of some sort.

Looks like a long plane that would require a forward handle. Please keep the beatings for the ignorant to a minimum.

Correction?

Ben

Lloyd Parker
05-12-2007, 12:53 AM
"Is it sitting on cloth? Or does it have a dark wood bottom"

Yes it is sitting on some velvet we had laying around the house.

"Now, can you or someone else tell me what the screw button just in front of the throat is for??"

The screw in front of the throat is for adjusting the mouth. The plane has an adjustable mouth of about 4" in length.

"Looks like a long plane that would require a forward handle."

I have used it on the edge of some 4' boards. Haven't found the need for a front handle yet. I get a good grip on the edge of the plane in the front with two fingers under the bottom as a fence along the side of the board and the thumb on top.

Len Reiss
05-15-2007, 7:58 AM
That jointer is a real beauty. Rather than be jealous, I recently ordered a scrub plane from Steve. This fulfills a need and may start a slippery slope into more high quality woodies. I hope you get years of enjoyment out of that plane.

Len