PDA

View Full Version : What not to do when running a cyclone...

Jim Becker
01-02-2004, 1:30 PM
What Not To Do When Running A Cyclone...

...accidently "forget" too long to empty the bin! Oh, boy...what a mess. Filters plugged. Exit tube plugged. Intake plugged. Drop to the machine plugged. You name it...it was plugged. The last one is purely because the air flow dropped at just the wrong time. Can you say "disassembly"? Sheesh... :mad:

It's amazing how fast the "aircraft carrier" can fill up a 55 gallon drum. :rolleyes:

Dave Crabbs
01-02-2004, 4:10 PM
Jim,
I have a 2 bag dust collector (Delta 1 1/2hp model 50-850 )with a trash can separator. I noticed that it was not sucking up the chips like it used too. I opened the separator lid to find the trash can was full also the bottom bag was full and about a quarter of the top bag. I thought that was a mess to clean I can not imagine the entire duct work clogged.

Good luck cleaning out your cyclone,
Dave

Tyler Howell
01-02-2004, 4:29 PM
Come on Jim!
You post pics for everything else. This I gotta see! :eek:

Jim Becker
01-02-2004, 4:39 PM
Come on Jim!
You post pics for everything else. This I gotta see! :eek:

Sorry...no pics. I really wasn't in a "creative mood" as I've had to open things up a few times today. I guess I'm going to have to accelerate my cyclone upgrade as the stuff that comes out of the planer is almost like a bird's nest when it gets into tight places! Let's hope the stock market continues up so I can fund the extra expenditure. Otherwise, I'll have to go back to "baby bites" for awhile until the new cyclone goes in.

Tom Sweeney
01-02-2004, 7:40 PM
Jim,
I can't believe you let it get to that level - you must have been having too much fun with the aircraft carrier to remember to empty your DC.

This sounds like something I would let happen - as punishment you must send all your tools to me for the love and care that they deserve.. :rolleyes: ;)

John Miliunas
01-02-2004, 9:46 PM
Ahhhh, 'scuse me, while I clear my throat a bit here, Jim. Ahem.... It seems I recall that just very, *very* recently, somewhere here at the Creek, who will remain nameless (his initials are Jim Becker :D ), gave me a bit of advice about my new cyclone install. Seems the guy told me to put a clear acrylic panel in the top of the collection bin, so that one may easier track the amount of chips in there. The guy told me that if one doesn't keep an eye on that, you can clog up your filter and other such nastiness can happen. Hmmm...Maybe I should forward that informative bit of info on to you.

(Sorry, just couldn't resist! ROFLMAO!) Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I ran into my own instance of cranial-rectal inversion today. I will duly post it momentarily! :cool:

Jim Becker
01-02-2004, 10:11 PM
I ran into my own instance of cranial-rectal inversion today.

How appropriate a description...althouh I felt like a cyclone proctologist reaching up in to clear the intake of the thang...more than once, unfortunately. Hopefully, the new cyclone with it's 7" intake and smaller core tube will not have this problem!