PDA

View Full Version : Corel X3 help!!! RESOLVED - THANK YOU!!

Nancy Laird
05-05-2007, 4:44 PM
OK, I'm stumped by this one--I've never had this happen before.
I'm using Corel X3 on a ULS M-360 (40W), and trying to engrave some designs on picture-frame glass. The glass is 7x7", engraving area is 6-1/2" square. I imported some clip art into the graphic, did a little clean-up, and all looks real pretty on the screen.
Send to print, and get an issue that says that the output doesn't fit the media! :confused: Send to print anyway, it starts printing, gets about 1/3 to 1/2-way done with the design, and says it's done--and the design that DOES get printed is about 1-1/2" down from the top where it's supposed to be (so it's printing on my cutting table!! :mad: .
I've tried the "fit to page" option, and that puts the image even more away from the place where it's supposed to be.
I've never had this problem before--the graphic fits entirely within the 7x7 area. Any suggestions??
Thanks,
Nancy

Joe Pelonio
05-05-2007, 5:45 PM
Check in wireframe mode, there could be something up above your graphic that's invisible, like a white line.

Ray Mighells
05-05-2007, 5:49 PM
How does your preview compare to the job sent to print? Sometimes mine is off, but I learned that the little block on the left re the job specs tells you it is not where you put it.

George M. Perzel
05-05-2007, 5:55 PM
Hi Nancy;
Joe is right on target-look for some artifact in the image that is 1.5" above your image-could be a line as Joe suggested or even a speck. Use the select tool to check the area . Good Luck
Best regards;
George
LaserArts

Craig Hogarth
05-05-2007, 6:31 PM
That's happened to me a couple times so far. Still have no idea what causes it, but when I click on default settings, it goes back to the way my laser guy set it up for me.

Nancy Laird
05-05-2007, 7:02 PM
Well, we found the problem - going into the saved parameters for "glass", found out that the rotary box was checked, so it was trying to do a rotary engraving on a flat piece of glass!!!

Just call me a dummy - and yes, I'm a blonde!!!

Thanks for everyone's suggestions - I'll know what to look for if it happens again.

Nancy