PDA

View Full Version : Young Craftsmen at Work - Photos

joseph j shields
05-05-2007, 3:31 PM
My 16 year old nephew and 17 year son build this Shaker sofa table for our church auction.

The table went for $1000 :D:D:D:D

Base is cherry and top is highly figured tiger stripped maple.

Thanks for looking!

-jj

allan cripe
05-05-2007, 3:37 PM
You have much to be proud of there!!

Gary Keedwell
05-05-2007, 3:38 PM
Great job on all accounts!!! Worth every cent.
Gary K.

Charles Jackson III
05-05-2007, 9:53 PM
Congrats to ur nephews.

mark page
05-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Definately have some future fine craftsman in the gene pool. Wished I had started at that early of an age. I just didn't want to listen to the 'ole man. A perfectionist and more verbal on criticism than praise. Although we shared a lifetime of great times together, just not in this field of work. Now regretting missing all that I could have learned from his years of experience. Hope you pass along all your knowledge and from this it appears that you are doing so. Will be memories that will not be forgotten.

Bruce Benjamin
05-06-2007, 5:28 AM
At that age I was still building fences, tree forts, and pigeon lofts. They must have had a good teacher and some inherited skills. Wait, I did build a fair looking wall-hung gun rack but the hooks were too small to properly hold my rifles and shot gun. :o At least the bullets and shotgun shells fit on the shelf! :rolleyes:

Bruce

Tyler Lung
05-06-2007, 8:55 PM
I am happy to see I'm not the only younger woodworker around.
Nice project.

Hank Merkle
05-06-2007, 10:12 PM
I hear griping that no one is picking up this hobby / business, but when I see this I am ashamed of some of the things I turned out!

Great piece and two fine craftsmen from the looks of it!

Hank Merkle