PDA

View Full Version : Sign Hanging Idea

Joe Pelonio
05-04-2007, 4:55 PM
I had to figure out how to put a hanging loop on the back of these signs, they were ordered that way so that they could be given to their members to hang on the office walls.

Using 3mm PVC for the signs meant no drilling or screws. I searched high and low for something that would work, the best I could come up with would have added $1 to each sign (already quoted it).

So, I thought, laser to the rescue. I designed tabs with a hole, and spacer squares to fit the bottom, then laser cut them from 1/16" ABS (strong and flexible). Using the liquid acrylic cement it's easy to glue them together and onto the backs of the signs. I'll get my daughter to do that (wish me luck on that part).

The signs are large format inkjet prints on adhesive vinyl with a matte clear overlay, the hardest part is applying them to the PVC.

Keith Outten
05-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Joe,

A bit more costly but you could use magnets glued to the back of the sign. A screw head in the wall would allow the signs to be held quickly since they are so light weight.

A cheaper solution would be to design a magnet that embeds in the wall and glue a small flat washer on the back of each sign.

Just a thought.

Dave Jones
05-05-2007, 12:58 PM
How about a couple strips of Velcro?