PDA

View Full Version : Hello again,,,

Tony Kent
05-04-2007, 2:08 AM
Hello all
I haven't been here in a while because I moved from Los Angeles, Ca. North to Gig Harbor, Wa. My home and shop are not set up yet, but wow is there a lot of wood up here to turn not to mention it's so pretty up here. Also interesting that I cannot see the air I breath unlike the good ol SFV.
So far I have seen many many downed tree's and a new friend has access to large maples. It's so hard to have to say " I don't have any place for it yet" eeesh! Soon I will have a home and shop again.

For all you folks that live here in Gig Harbor/Tacoma area send me a note and a hello to all you turners out there, I hope to get back to turning soon,,,in the mean time I will be drooling on my keyboard at what ya'all turn, I am seeing great work as usual on here.
I know it's not exactly on topic so thanks for reading and lettin me check back in with you all.
So untill i am turnin again be careful have fun and keep those tools sharp:)
take care,
Tony

Paul Engle
05-04-2007, 9:46 AM
Tony , welcome to the Inland Empire, or Pacific North West or the greatest place to live in the world. I'm about 6 hrs east of you and you are correct about the wood up here, especally out on the Olympic P.Tho I do hope you like rain....lots of that here also.

Jonathon Spafford
05-04-2007, 1:51 PM
Welcome to Washington and welcome back to the creek! It has been a long time since you've posted! Well, get that lathe fired back up and post some pieces over here!!!!!

Bernie Weishapl
05-04-2007, 1:55 PM
Welcome back Tony. Hopefully you will have that shop up soon.