PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I will be busy for a while ...

Shane Whitlock
05-04-2007, 1:04 AM
My brother stopped by tonight and said they where tearing down some of the trees at the old park. I grabbed my chainsaw and hit the road. We tracked down the contractor and asked if he cared if we grabbed some wood. He said "Take all ya want, we are just going to throw it into a pile and burn it" :eek:

I grabbed the chainsaw and took a pull on it and the darn rope broke ... grrrrr... so we grabbed whatever pieces we could find on the ground and told the contractor we would be back this weekend. He said it will all still be there.

These Box Elder trees are full of burl and what we grabbed tonight is only a small portion of whats there...

Hmmm ... might have to call in sick tomorrow. :D

Two of the big pieces of burl are about 200 lbs each and one thats gotta be 300. The burl grain is beautiful and runs deep into the trunks, with a little red here and there :D

There is also some ash, elm, willow and maple there.

Tony Kent
05-04-2007, 2:11 AM
Hello
Woohoo what a score!!! Good for you and have fun turnin that stuff.
Tony

Joash Boyton
05-04-2007, 2:52 AM
Wowza! That's quite a score! Be sure to turn most of it all green. And don't leave them long enough for the Contractor to decide he's seen enough of them being an eyesore!

Have fun:)

Pat Doble
05-04-2007, 8:41 AM
Nice haul. You may 'need' to call in sick on Monday also...;)

Alex Cam
05-04-2007, 8:56 AM
Looks like you're running out of room to work in the shop -- and that could be a safety issue. I'll store all that wood for you, free of charge! :D:D

Dennis Peacock
05-04-2007, 8:59 AM
What a score!!!!! Collect all you can, seal it up with anchorseal and have fun turning. :D

Jonathon Spafford
05-04-2007, 1:49 PM
Great haul!!!!! That is going to be some gorgeous wood... can't wait to see pix!

Bernie Weishapl
05-04-2007, 1:57 PM
Holy Cow now that is a haul. That should keep you turning for a good long while. Sealer up and go.

Keith Burns
05-04-2007, 2:30 PM
Aw, man Shane, I'd call in sick all next week !! Nice score !!

Steve Schlumpf
05-04-2007, 3:05 PM
Congrats on the wood score!!! Looking forward to seeing what you end up turning with it!