PDA

View Full Version : Wiping out whole nations~! Tis as nothing.

Cliff Rohrabacher
05-03-2007, 4:55 PM
I am the dark lord of death and destruction ~!! Moo-Ha-Ha.

Those annoying little ants returned~! How dare they~!!??
Well I had this Boric Acid solution brand named TERRO.

I put it out a two days ago in a bunch of little droplets to maximize exposure. They really liked it after I added a touch of corn syrup. They didn’t seem interested in the liquid to which I added chicken fat.

Well the little buggers ate it and ate it and their numbers have fallen dramatically. Where there were hundreds there are now only a few juveniles.

Kill a few and you are a murderer. Kill a whole nation and you are a conqueror~!!
Moo-Ha-Ha

I never tried to track how well this stuff worked. Apparently it works like the SHIZZ.

Al Willits
05-03-2007, 6:06 PM
Is this stuff dog safe perchance??

Al...who'd like to do a bit of conquering too...:)

Peter Stahl
05-03-2007, 6:43 PM
Is this stuff dog safe perchance??

Al...who'd like to do a bit of conquering too...:)

Al, I checked the Terro web site and it says not to worry if your pet gets it as it isn't toxic enough to hurt them. With the liquid you can get it into a ant hill or small crack in the concrete.

www.terro.com/faq-ants.php

Al Willits
05-03-2007, 7:16 PM
Thanks, Genghis Kahn here I come!!!!!

Al

Dennis Peacock
05-03-2007, 9:17 PM
Well....at least you got my attention with the thread title. :rolleyes: :D

Cliff Rohrabacher
05-03-2007, 9:53 PM
Well....at least you got my attention with the thread title. :rolleyes: :D

Heh Heh almost sounded political didn't it?

Yah guys Boric Acid is absolutely harmless t mammals. Youe grand mothers most probably had a box of it in the medicine cupboard to boil with water and make into Eyewash. Yah they used it that way. It's harmless. but to bugs it wrecks havoc on their biology.

Mixed with water it becomes BORATE the very expensive solution you can purchase to kill Powder post beetles.
They sell it for a king's ransom but it's pennies to make by the gallon less than 1/100th of a penny per gallon when they are buying it in mass quantities. But they still want about $50.00 a gallon from you.

Just use a lot of boric acid in the solution and boil it till it dissolves spray it on the timbers nice and heavy and you'll kill all your boring insects. And you can use the wood to make tea.

Dennis Peacock
05-03-2007, 10:55 PM
Very good info here Cliff.!!!! We have problems with ants every single summer around here and we've tried a lot of stuff, but this sounds like a very good solution to a soon to be problem around our house. :D

Rob Bourgeois
05-04-2007, 7:06 AM
Take some and mix it with flour, milk, chopped onions until its a putty then roll balls of it and let it dry...instant cockroach killer.

Karl Laustrup
05-04-2007, 8:37 AM
Gonna save this thread. Good info for them pesky critters. Thanks.

Karl

Cliff Rohrabacher
05-04-2007, 9:40 AM
One year I observed a line of black carpenter ants streaming into my house. I couldn't discourage them or kill 'em off.

Then a year later ( I think it was a year) I took the time to follow the line of ants. It led all the way across an acre of lawn to an old dead stump which was a carpenter ant nest I hadn't noticed. Soooo I got a chain saw and made a deep hole in the stump. Then, I took a five gallon pail filled it with blistering hot water and liquid sieven and poured it directly into the stump.

No more carpenter ants - period. I probably could have achieved the same result using a sugared boric acid solution. I was simply ignorant of the stuff then.

Stuart Johnson
05-04-2007, 10:01 AM
Many ways to go after the little buggers. My favorite was to drench a fire ant mound with a couple cups of gasoline and toss on a match. I don't know if it really killed the mound but the little screams were satisfying. My wife made me stop. She said it made the yard look terrible but I think it was either her liberal be nice to all living things attitude or the joy she gets from the sack of poison she carries whenever she is outside.

Bill Lewis
05-04-2007, 3:55 PM
I sure am glad we don't have fire ants in out area, even if it did mean getting to set the lawn on fire.:cool:

Cliff Rohrabacher
05-04-2007, 6:34 PM
Many ways to go after the little buggers. My favorite was to drench a fire ant mound with a couple cups of gasoline and toss on a match. I don't know if it really killed the mound but the little screams were satisfying. My wife made me stop. She said it made the yard look terrible but I think it was either her liberal be nice to all living things attitude or the joy she gets from the sack of poison she carries whenever she is outside.

Fire is good but consider military grade chemical weapons.

Pour some 12% sodium hyper-chlorate in the thing. A good soaking is advisable. the n toss on a plastic baggie full of Muriatiac acid.

!!~WHOSH~!! all the grass for a radius of oh gee maybe 15 feet will be dead. And the ants well you will get to do it again later. Don't breath it in or your lungs will evaporate.

Another fun thing:
Get some liquid oxygen ( you already know where this is going don't you?) and some KINGSFORD or some such charcoal.

Make a huge pile of charcoal on the ant mound.

Pour on a whole lot of the LOX.

Get a fair distance away and toss a road flare at the heap.

A fair distance would be about 20 feet.

Rich Stewart
05-05-2007, 5:35 AM
I hope that little heathen pyro of mine don't read this.

LMBO!

David Epperson
05-05-2007, 5:51 AM
I hope that little heathen pyro of mine don't read this.

LMBO!

Yep. And it's a good thing they don't sell liquid oxygen at the local grocery store or Borg too.