PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw Gloat!!!!!!

William Fourness
05-03-2007, 4:18 PM
Lowell ordered my new Grizzly GO531 21"Heavy Duty 5 hp Bandsaw and it was here today at about 1:30 pm today. This will make life alot easier and production faster and more options on blanks as well. Thanks Lowell for the hep.

Bill

Don Bullock
05-03-2007, 4:23 PM
Great news. That will do a lot to help your business.

Allen Bookout
05-03-2007, 4:24 PM
That is teriffic! Man, would I love that capacity. Let us know how you like it after you give it a test run.

Ted Miller
05-03-2007, 5:50 PM
Awesome Will, I am shopping right now for a larger BS, please let us know how it works, envious...

William Fourness
05-03-2007, 7:00 PM
Yes sure will put out a performance report, if it is as good as my Grizzly table saw was built and runs I am already pleased. I have pushed alot of wood through that table saw in 3 years. And still runs great. Waited all night like a kid on christmas eve last night and got to wait on wiring till tomorrow. But I'll be sure to let you folks know what I think of the machine and very soon you see the results of some blanks from this.
Again thanks
Bill

Jeffrey Schronce
05-03-2007, 7:26 PM
I just received your bandsaws son yesterday . . . 19" was enough for me.

Kevin Murdock
05-03-2007, 8:11 PM
Hey Bill,

What are your plans for mobility on your bandsaw?

I purchased the G0566 (3HP version) a bit back and it's still on the crate and I've not decided what to do.

Enjoy the saw!

/Kevin

Jim Becker
05-03-2007, 9:21 PM
Congrats on the new saw, Bill!

Clint Winterhalter
05-03-2007, 10:17 PM
Bill,
Great Saw!
Congratulations!

Clint

William Fourness
05-04-2007, 3:51 AM
Kevein not only did I get the bandsaw but got the extras to go with too. As for mobility I bought the moble base to make moving it around alot easier. But once this saw finally gets in the new shop it will pretty much stay right in the same. Plus I got a nice assortment of blades and the re-saw fence to go with this as well. And this saw was as just about a hand full for Jerry and I to get in sitting were it was. On the pallet it was too tall to get through the gargage door. Less then 12 hrs and I'll be sawing.
Again thanks for a great place to share and grow together.

Bill

Robert Kasahara
05-04-2007, 9:51 AM
Awesome saws guys!!!! Jeffrey, let us know how you like your 514 I'm trying to persuade my wife into buying me one. If I get over that hurdle the next problem will be hauling it down to the basement. Congratulations fellas!!!!!

Rob

Charles Jackson III
05-04-2007, 10:06 AM
Congratulations Bill!

Ted Miller
05-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Bill, Did you upgrade to the ceramic guides and what do you think about the stock guides?.

Whne you get it running can you tell me about any vibrations and what kind of tires are they running, are they groved...

William Fourness
05-09-2007, 8:45 PM
Well we got power to my new grizzly bandsaw today. And yes spent most of the day cutting, picked out all kinds of things to try to cut. Runs like a dream, very quit, and the 5 hp motor gives it plenty of power. And very soon you'll see the difference this will make in production. Such a difference that extra part time help is on the list. Anyone got any question about the saw please feel free to ask, be happy to answer them the best. I am well pleased and one very happy person.

Bill

William Fourness
05-11-2007, 1:38 PM
So far still very pleased with the saw, but as I started to cut bigger sections, the saw of this size seems to have a small table space. Has anyone made in modifications to there tables to more work space? Any suggestions?
When you got something almost 2 1/2 to 3 ft long by 16 to 20 wide and 4 to 5 inches thick, thats a big section to support and push through. But other then the table I am impressed with power and what I can cut on this saw. Trust me I spent all day yesterday cutting all types of wood and sizes. Any input be helpful.

Thanks
Bill