PDA

View Full Version : This is just Bull

Wolf Kiessling
01-01-2004, 4:39 PM
A little while ago I posted a pic of a "steak" that I carved from a mesquite slab and then turned. This is the other "steak" from that slab. This one never saw the lathe because I decided to use it as a mounting pedestal for a carving. I just thought it was appropriate to mount a bull on a steak even though it is rather difficult to get a mesquite steak from a catalpa bull. However, I'm satisfied. This was sanded to 600 grit and finished with 10 coats of Tru-Oil.

Wolf

Tom Sweeney
01-01-2004, 4:50 PM
Wolf - that's amazing work Wolf!
The steak base even has viening in it. The only problem I see is you're supposed to trim the fat of the steak before you cook - healthier that way.

How long did it take to carve the bull - amazing detail!

WOW :cool:

Ron Jones near Indy
01-01-2004, 5:09 PM
Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing. :D

Bruce Page
01-01-2004, 5:11 PM
Wolf, ditto Tom's "amazing work" comment. Thay is truly beautiful and amazing!

James Carpenter
01-01-2004, 5:12 PM
Wolf,
That is absolutely amazing.

Ace Karner
01-01-2004, 6:08 PM
Man looks like ya really took the Bull by the Horns there Wolf.

Beautiful work as usual. Thanks for letting us look at it.

Ace

Joe Tonich
01-01-2004, 6:11 PM
Wolf,

I'm always amazed by how a person can find such nice Bulls (or anything else for that matter :D ) in a chunk of wood. I tried and all I found was more firewood. :confused: Nice job!

Joe

Wolf Kiessling
01-01-2004, 6:14 PM
Wolf - that's amazing work Wolf!
The steak base even has viening in it. The only problem I see is you're supposed to trim the fat of the steak before you cook - healthier that way.

How long did it take to carve the bull - amazing detail!

WOW :cool:

Thanks for the kind comments, folks.....

Tom,

I have no idea how long it took to carve that. I've been working on this piece between two and three months but I had five projects going simultaneously. This, however, was the most complex. I will be entering it in competition in about two months.

Wolf

Kevin Gerstenecker
01-01-2004, 6:54 PM
Wolf, as always, your work is both beautiful and inspiring. Such talent you have! This is by far my favorite...............and that is NO BULL! I love the finish on the piece, and having "El Toro" sitting on the "Steak Slab" is a wonderful touch. Good luck in the competition..........this wonderful work is already a winner in my book! Thanks so much for sharing your gift with us again! ;)

Mark Singer
01-01-2004, 7:13 PM
Wolf,
Really great work! Amazing! The steak looks familiar I think they tried to serve it to me in a resturant here.....after the first tooth loosened....I sent it back...
Mark

Chris Oakley
01-02-2004, 10:02 AM
Wow, that's amazing. Nice work Wolf!

Roger Fitzsimonds
01-02-2004, 1:41 PM
that is really quite amazing Wolf. I really like the attitude you imparted to the bull. He actually looks the part. Most excellant work as always.

Roger

Wolf Kiessling
01-02-2004, 4:19 PM
that is really quite amazing Wolf. I really like the attitude you imparted to the bull. He actually looks the part. Most excellant work as always.

Roger

I'm really glad you mentioned the bull's attitude. This is the second bull that I have carved and it is very similar to the first one. One of the main reasons I did the second one was that I was not TRULY happy with the attitude of the first one and that attribute is what I really concentrated on with this piece. Roger, you just made my day :D
:D :D

Wolf

Ryan Singer
01-02-2004, 4:43 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM You're making me hungry like a wolf!