PDA

View Full Version : Metal detector?

Kent E. Matthew
05-02-2007, 9:14 PM
I have been collecting 3"x5"x42" chunks of oak now from a trucking company that we do business with. The time is coming where I am going to start processing this material. The lumber wizard would be my first choice. The same company makes a smaller version called the little wizard, I think. Anyone use this smaller version?

Jeff Miller
05-02-2007, 9:47 PM
I have the smaller one , got it at Ace Hardware for $20.
I had to cut down and plane an old oak barn beam for my nephew and it found broken off nails buried an inch and a half deep, if it beeped there was one in there just had to keep digging till I found it. You turn it on and then set the sensitivity with a row of little lites. A must if you have to mill used wood. And I can think of better things to do than change planer knives.

Hoped this helped ;)

JEFF:cool:

Jim Becker
05-02-2007, 10:08 PM
I have the Little Wizard and it's worked just fine for me.

Lou Morrissette
05-02-2007, 11:00 PM
I've been using the Little Wizard for a couple of years and it works fine. It also works pretty good as a stud finder, picking up on the nails or screws.

Lou

Lee Schierer
05-03-2007, 12:38 PM
I also hav ethe little wizard, it workd for me whn I sawed up and planed the cherry matle piece my neighbor gave me last year. It found several nails, missed none. Cheaper than a new blade or resharpening one.