PDA

View Full Version : Pen Part Question...

Jonathon Spafford
05-02-2007, 8:32 PM
I sent one of my pens (on accident, of course) through the washing machine! When I last looked at it, the ink was all leaked out everywhere... luckily not on the clothes. I assumed it was because of its trip through the washing machine... anyway the ink linked all over the wood, staining the wood. I had to pull the pen apart and I recovered the titanium pieces, but they still got a bit of ink that is hard to get out.... its really sticky! Anyone have any ideas for removing this ink?

Nancy Laird
05-02-2007, 8:45 PM
Try plain old rubbing alcohol. That gets the ink out of clothing (if it's caught before they go through the dryer!! - DAMHIKT!!! I ruined 4 of hubby's white dress uniform shirts in the same way!!!), so it should remove it from your pen parts.

If that doesn't work, try some lacquer thinner.

Nancy

Bill O'Conner
05-02-2007, 8:45 PM
I used to work as a printer and it would take it out of clothes and under finger nails. Aqua-net worked the best not sure if I can use name brands if it gets striped PM me

Bill

Bernie Weishapl
05-02-2007, 10:36 PM
Bill the LOML uses hairspray to take out ink. Works like a charm.

Jonathon Spafford
05-03-2007, 3:44 PM
I think it all came off... after I pulled the pen apart I stuck the parts in my shirt pocket so I wouldn't lose them; well.... the parts went through the wash again :D:D:D

Tom Sherman
05-03-2007, 4:41 PM
Jonathon don't feel too bad my son washed his pen had the same results. He cleaned it up put a new refill in it and guess what...washed again. Some days it don't pay to get out of bed.

Nancy Laird
05-03-2007, 5:09 PM
I think it all came off... after I pulled the pen apart I stuck the parts in my shirt pocket so I wouldn't lose them; well.... the parts went through the wash again :D:D:D

But how is the shirt??????:rolleyes:

Nancy

Jonathon Spafford
05-04-2007, 3:03 AM
Some days it don't pay to get out of bed.

I find that to be the case every now and again... I hear that is the feeling you get when you take a finger off on a table saw :D

But how is the shirt??????Oh, bother the shirt... I was just glad I got the titanium parts back :D Kinda like when a turner is reverse chucking a bowl and it flies off hits him in the head and crashes on the ground the first question from a fellow turner is, "How's the bowl????" :D