PDA

View Full Version : Pat Warner Router Sub-bases

Andy Howard
05-02-2007, 6:47 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that if you truly want an excelent router base then you need to look at Pat Warner's site.

I have had a Dewalt 621 for about 3 years, and have always been very hesitant to use it because it was very tippy and I have screwed up a few projects by it tipping just a bit while routing. NOT ANYMORE!! I got the offset sub-base and an oversize round sub-base from Pat and both are wonderful. Now I am not afraid of using the router, and have confidence when using it.

The sub-bases are really thick and well machined. Pat even includes the little screws you need.

Moral of this story is that a new sub-base turned a marginal tool in to an outstanding one!

I have no affiliation with Pat Warner, but wanted to let everyone know how good his sub-bases are.

Andy

Bob Noles
05-02-2007, 7:52 PM
Andy,

I have several of Pat's sub bases for my routers as well and can attest to the content of your post. Pat is a knowledgeable and extremely helpful fellow always offering spot on advice. I believe he is a member here, but have not seen a post from him in a while.

Jim Becker
05-02-2007, 8:55 PM
I have a couple of them for a PC7529 router and yes, they are excellent sub-bases.

Rick Williams
05-02-2007, 9:04 PM
I would agree Andy. I have 4 of Pat's subases as well as some incidental stuff. Excellent quality and a pleasure to do business with.

Rob Blaustein
05-02-2007, 9:20 PM
I agree with the above and also echo Bob's comments about Pat's knowledge and willingness to share his expertise. His website has a wealth of great info and he has graciously answered several questions I've emailed him.
--Rob

Dick Latshaw
05-02-2007, 9:20 PM
I would agree Andy. Excellent quality and a pleasure to do business with.

As they used to say on AOL: 'Me Too'.

"Michael Hinkel"
05-02-2007, 10:05 PM
I got a couple for my Bosch Colt "after" tipping and gouging a project,while I was at it got a couple for my PC. Quick, helpful service and well made product.

Lou Morrissette
05-02-2007, 11:04 PM
I've got the standard and offset base for my Bosch Colt and they make all the difference in the world. Kudos to MR. Warner.

Lou

Corey Hallagan
05-02-2007, 11:35 PM
The Router Man... makes great bases. I have 2 of his bases myself for use with my DW618. Love them especially that offset base!

Corey

David Weaver
05-03-2007, 8:46 AM
I have one for a Bosch 1617, and a buddy has a couple for PC690 routers. They're good stuff - easy to use, and the person selling them is pretty knowledgeable about routing :rolleyes:

Scott Kuykendall
05-03-2007, 11:52 AM
I met Pat a few years ago and he is also a great person along with making great products.
Scott ( Formerly from Big Bear)

Greg Narozniak
05-04-2007, 2:18 PM
I have a couple of them for a PC7529 router and yes, they are excellent sub-bases.

Ditto To what Jim said, Great Product and person

Don Dean
05-04-2007, 2:51 PM
Due to the excellent reviews I have ordered bases for my router. If the product is as good as dealing with Pat they must be great.