PDA

View Full Version : How to download Trotec color palette into corel?

John Pickett
05-02-2007, 1:02 PM
Hi All,

I re-installed Corel X3 and lost the Trotec 16 color palette which was so helpful. I remember I had to add the pallette from file on my C drive but just can't remember the steps. Anyone remember the steps?

Thanks!

Mike Mackenzie
05-02-2007, 2:14 PM
John,

I am not sure if the Trotec way is any different than others. I believe it is just a Corel thing. This is how we do ours.

Open Corel go to Window and Color Pallets select "None"
then go back to Window and Color Pallets and select open Pallet.
now navigate to where your Trotec pallet is located on the hard drive you may have to change the files of type I am not sure what trotec saves there pallets as it should be either ".pal" or ".CPL" once you find the file double click on it and you should be done.

Save your settings and that should be it.

Hope this works.

Mike Null
05-02-2007, 2:20 PM
I've never used it. I use the standard RGB palette in Corel.

Dean Carpenter
06-14-2007, 2:12 AM
The Trotec Colour Palette you should use is the Trotec_more CPL, see attached.

Save it ton the C: drive of your PC. Load it by going Window, Color Palettes, then Open Palette - search for Trotec_More, click Ok and the Trotec 16 colour CP will sit now to the left of the main CorelDraw CP on the right side of your page.

regards

Dean

Michael Kowalczyk
06-14-2007, 8:41 PM
Hey Dean,
Thanks again for posting. I had it set up on my laptop (running win2K) with Corel Draw 12 but when I bought a simple IBM desktop PC to upgrade to XP and X3 and dedicate to the laser I forgot to do this. It saves so much time when you use more than Red, Black and Blue. I use desert blue all the time so I can cut out vectors in the order I want them to be done instead of how I drew them in Corel Draw.

Mike Null,
How are you doing? How is the 3mm ply working out for you? The grid is doing well. If you haven't added the color palette yet I would suggest it. Very helpful to set up multiple vector cut out orders and probably more.(132)

Thanks,

Dean Carpenter
06-15-2007, 2:02 AM
Hi Michael,

You don't have to use different colours to order your vectors any mopre. If you are using Job Control v749 then you can get an upgrade called Vector Ordering, which will sort all of the vectors for you in a machine efficient order - even if they are all 1 colour.

By the way, v9 Job Control is now available.

regards

Dean

Mike Null
06-15-2007, 7:09 AM
Michael:

All is well here. Your wood is great, I've used about half of it.

With my kind of work I usually just need 2 colors so I just use the rgb palette which is what Trotec uses in a more limited version. If I need 3 I just use rgb blue.

Michael Kowalczyk
06-15-2007, 11:47 AM
Hi Michael,

You don't have to use different colours to order your vectors any mopre. If you are using Job Control v749 then you can get an upgrade called Vector Ordering, which will sort all of the vectors for you in a machine efficient order - even if they are all 1 colour.

By the way, v9 Job Control is now available.

regards

Dean

Hey Dean,
I use several colors on things like wooden key chains. I will raster 1st with black, then cut the 3/16" hole for the ring in red, then sometimes I have a secondary cutout and it will be blue, then for the final vector outline I use desert blue. Sometimes I use blue for just doing a vector mark.
I have used the vector ordering and have seen how it will optimize when you have vectors scattered all over the place. I prefer using several colors on certain jobs for quality control. you know how it is sometimes when you cut a part out of a full 16" x 28" sheet of ply that it may drop down if the board is not PERFECTLY flat. If Trotec had a better grid system that would allow the exhaust to be channeled under the grid creating a vacuum to hold the part down at the same time removing the smoke from under the parts as well as above the parts. I am designing a unit that may accomplish it (along with the 5,000 other things on my list) and have talked with Trotec about what is behind the sheet metal back wall under the exhaust grid to make sure I did not interfere with any of the mechanics or electrical wiring/components that could have been hidden behind it.

Did you say that there is a NEW version of the Job Control??? I have v7.49. so it looks like you said V9 is now available. Did I pull a van winkle and miss V8? I will call Jim at Trotec to see what's up. (192)

Mike Null,
Glad to hear it. I updated almost all my Computers with the palette. It only takes a few minutes but it does save a lot of time if you use multiple color assignments.

Thanks for the heads up info,