PDA

View Full Version : The NE Train

Raymond Overman
05-02-2007, 9:27 AM
Since the natural edge train has been whistling through here I figured I better add another car.

The tree was featured in a local newspaper in this article (http://www.heraldonline.com/109/story/13631.html).

Water Oak
6" x 4"
BLO/MS/VAR, waxed, and buffed

Bernie Weishapl
05-02-2007, 9:33 AM
Raymond that is a beauty. I really like it. I turned some water oak a couple of weeks ago. Seemed to turn pretty nice. Nice work.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-02-2007, 9:41 AM
And the Overman Express comes whistling through the station! Nicely done Raymond.

Sunday while introducing a local resident to turning I was showing him some of my early turnings....He wanted to know what is SC Peach?......I told him how you sent me those two blanks.....

Ken LaSota
05-02-2007, 4:56 PM
Ray nice job I like the deep bowl you got out of it .
Ken

Steve Schlumpf
05-02-2007, 7:54 PM
Ray - great looking bowl! Beautiful grain, lots of bark and looks like it is light as a feather! Very nice job!

Dennis Peacock
05-02-2007, 7:59 PM
Wow...really like the grain patterns in this one. Very nice piece Raymond. :D

Joseph Peacock
05-02-2007, 9:28 PM
Very nice piece Mr.Raymond!!!!!:eek::D:cool:

Neal Addy
05-02-2007, 9:58 PM
That's beautimous, Raymond! Really nice job!

I gotta jump on this NE bandwagon. Hmmm... the neighbor's tree looks interesting...

Ken Fitzgerald
05-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Neal.......Stop!....carefully place the chainsaw in your hand on the ground......place your hands behind your head........Walk backwards towards me........

Becareful Neal......Don't want to see you on America's Most Wanted Tree Thieves Edition!

Raymond Overman
05-02-2007, 11:23 PM
I gotta jump on this NE bandwagon. Hmmm... the neighbor's tree looks interesting...

A little known commandment Neal:

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors trees. :eek:

Thanks for all the comments guys. The nice thing about this one is, I have about 15 more blanks out of this oak. Should make some nice pieces once I get one of those tuits.

Jonathon Spafford
05-03-2007, 1:43 AM

Are you speaking from experience??? :eek: :D I'm seeing Raymond pumping down the road with his chainsaw, ducking and dodging with his neighbor out side standing front of his downed tree waving a 12 gauge shotgun! :D Pardon my rambling!
That is one beautiful bowl there... it really has a softer grain and I love the delicate shape you gave to it! You did an excellent job with this one!!!

Barry Stratton
05-03-2007, 3:13 AM
A little known commandment Neal:

Thanks for all the comments guys. The nice thing about this one is, I have about 15 more blanks out of this oak. Should make some nice pieces once I get one of those tuits.

Is it okay to covet their burls?:confused: ?

Great bowl with a neat story. How thin did you get the walls????