PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Steve Trauthwein
05-02-2007, 6:19 AM
Hello All,

I have been lurking here for several months and thought I would introduce myself. I am a recently retired postal worker, formerly worked as a machinist and tool maker, and I am addicted to turning. I am mustard yellow and proud!

What is the monster HF that I have seen talked about.

Regards, Steve

Alex Cam
05-02-2007, 7:43 AM
Hi Steve,

I'm a relative newb also -- welcome to the community! I believe the monster HF you're refering to is the monster brand of lathe tools (one of which is a captured hollowing rig). They can be found at http://www.monster-wood-tool.com.

Alex

Jeff Moffett
05-02-2007, 8:06 AM
Steve, welcome to the Creek! It's great to see another KC area guy on here. Are you a member of either turning club in Kansas City?

Ken Fitzgerald
05-02-2007, 8:24 AM
Steve.....Welcome to the Creek! Wade right in the water's fine!

Keith Burns
05-02-2007, 8:26 AM
Steve, welcome to the Creek !! Now that you have been properly welcomed, lets see some pictures !:D

Steve Schlumpf
05-02-2007, 8:34 AM
Welcome to the Creek Steve!! Looking forward to seeing some of your turnings!

Dennis Peacock
05-02-2007, 8:59 AM
Welcome to the Creek Steve. Sounds like you're ready for jumping deeper into the vortex. ;)

Bernie Weishapl
05-02-2007, 9:35 AM
Welcome Steve to SMC. Lots of good people and lots of knowledge. Jump right in and enjoy.

Neal Addy
05-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Welcome to the Creek, Steve!

Independence, huh? I know it well. I lived in Liberty for a few years.

If you ever need any REAL BBQ sent up that way you just let me know. :D

Paul Engle
05-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Well... since you got your feet wet a long time ago,will be looking fwd to seeing some of you work ...we are kinda like jell-o here ..... always room for more :eek: welcome aboard Steve. :D and ,
May the Good Lord bless you & take a likin to ya.

Brett Baldwin
05-02-2007, 3:04 PM
Another welcome Steve. I'm sure you already know what a great place this is if you've been lurking for a time. We look forward to seeing some of your work.

Ken LaSota
05-02-2007, 4:48 PM
Welcome Steve you make me jealous jumping in with the monster tools already. Good luck an lets see some work.
Ken

Tom Sherman
05-02-2007, 4:55 PM
Welcome to the Creek Steve.

Travis Stinson
05-02-2007, 6:34 PM
Welcome Steve. Always good to meet a new Mustard Brother. :D

Mark Singer
05-02-2007, 6:41 PM
Steve,
What can I say?:rolleyes: Your a woodworker and I am a lurking son of a gun:confused:

Mark Pruitt
05-02-2007, 8:11 PM
Greetings to a fellow Mustardite!:)

Bill Wyko
05-02-2007, 8:48 PM
Welcome to the vortex. I too am a newbie and I got the bug BAAAD. Don't believe anyone that tells you its a cheap hobby.:D As far as hollowing rigs go check out the Clark system. The website is www.thespindoctor.com (http://www.thespindoctor.com) I believe. As far as I know it's the only one that when the angle of the bit is changed the angle of the lazar follows the change. Thereby maintaining constant thickness. I haven't recieved mine yet but I'll be starting a thread in which I'll give a report on it once I have some time on it. He also makes a very nice steady rest as well. If you've stepped up to a Mustard you already got bit BAAAD too. I look forward to some pics of your work.

Jonathon Spafford
05-03-2007, 1:35 AM
Welcome to the creek... have fun here - post often and lots of pix! I am also looking forward to seeing some of your stuff! Looks like your gettin' goin' with a pretty serious lathe... should be able to at least make some big shavin's! Take care!!!!

Glenn Hodges
05-03-2007, 9:19 AM
Glad to have you out of the bushes.

Don Orr
05-03-2007, 11:49 AM
Sounds like you're off to a good start.