PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Nursery Project

Eric Stiles
05-02-2007, 12:29 AM
This is the first hardwood I have ever done. I bought one of the cheap $150 "Bostitch-Like" air floor nailers off ebay. It worked flawlessly.

The trim is some pine I pulled out of an old house. The white is ok, but I think I would like to upgrade to some nice stained hardwood. It turned out ok for my first attempt though and best of all it was free.

The wife wanted a cloud-like wall. I'm no artist so I went with a blue base coat and slapped a few dashes of white on top of that. I topped it off with a kite border and a little shop made kite since we needed a theme that would fit either a boy or a girl.

I installed a new ceiling fan last night. Tomorrow the room gets new electric sockets, and this weekend I will assemble the crib.

After that the rest of the decorating is up to the LOML. She's even pleased I'm done with a full month to go!

Mark Hulette
05-02-2007, 9:07 AM
Nice work, Eric! Nice gloat on the nailer and the found wood-- "free" is almost always a sweet thing :D The flooring and paint look good.

Congrats on the new arrival, too. You are unusual in that you and your wife didn't find out the gender of your little one- we didn't find out on any of our three and thoroughly enjoyed the surprise! I don't know if this is your first or not but in case no one has told you, get all the sleep you can now! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jim Becker
05-02-2007, 9:13 AM
Great looking floor, Eric. And over time, you'll appreciate that hard floors are easier to keep clean relative to dust and allergies. And congrats on your upcoming arrival of your new "shop helper"!!