PDA

View Full Version : Delta 50-760 DC on clearance

Jake Helmboldt
05-01-2007, 10:41 PM
I was in the Blue BORG (Lowes) the other day and saw a clearance tag on a 1.5HP Delta DC. Well, after getting excited I saw they mismarked it and it was the 1HP unit. They didn't have any of the 1.5 left.

So today I stopped by the other location and sure enough; 50-760 for $261.00. With coupoun it was out the door for $265. I've been wanting to get a cyclone, but cost and minimal shop time these days couldn't justify it. If you are looking for a small DC, FWW rated this one as best, so take a look at your Lowes.

JH

Matt Day
05-02-2007, 8:02 AM
These deals are exclusive to one store 99.9% of the time. A guy got one on another forum for under $200 recently. Nice snag though!

Jake Helmboldt
05-02-2007, 9:01 AM
I assumed that was the case, but this was at two different stores here in Richmond. Even the guy at Lowes (where they had the one mislabeled) said "it was probably special ordered and never picked up." Well, that was obviously not the case since another location on the other side of town was clearing them out at the same discount price.

I had to look hard to find the one I bought. I almost didn't find it; it was on the floor under the shelves and not where the other 1HP DC was stocked.

JH

Kacey Zach
05-02-2007, 9:10 AM
The Lowes in Wauwatosa, WI also had this sale Monday night when I was through there. They also had a Porter Cable set of 3 air nailers (brad, finish, crown stapler) on the clearance rack. I nobody knew the price, when they checked, it rang up as $179 which was not enough of a clearance for me.

James Hebert
05-02-2007, 2:00 PM
I was in the Blue BORG (Lowes) the other day and saw a clearance tag on a 1.5HP Delta DC. Well, after getting excited I saw they mismarked it and it was the 1HP unit. They didn't have any of the 1.5 left.

So today I stopped by the other location and sure enough; 50-760 for $261.00. With coupoun it was out the door for $265. I've been wanting to get a cyclone, but cost and minimal shop time these days couldn't justify it. If you are looking for a small DC, FWW rated this one as best, so take a look at your Lowes.

JH
you can get a better 2hp units from Harbor Freight for $134 when on sale and with 20% off coupon. Add a Wynn filter for $91 and for even better CFM.

Steve Mcmahon
05-02-2007, 2:21 PM
They will deal with you - I was at Lowes Sunday and got it for 170 - they were marked down to 269 - The Tool manager told me they are no longer going to sell this model and wanted it off the floor - last one in West Chester, OH

Craig D Peltier
05-02-2007, 3:00 PM
you can get a better 2hp units from Harbor Freight for $134 when on sale and with 20% off coupon. Add a Wynn filter for $91 and for even better CFM.

Hmm, this system is highly rated and has a 1 micron filter with it. The reason I would go against HF against deltas is the 30 micron to the 1 micron. Id rather spend 60 more an feel healthier about it, cant put a price on your lungs (yet).Plus HF is way heavier and about same size.

I called 2 lowes here and one had it, in the back buried he said. $261.75
I picked it up with a 10% coupon I had a HD that Lowes honored.Came out to like 255.
In marker it said NO HOME on it, well now it has one!

Jake Helmboldt
05-02-2007, 9:44 PM

Better according to who? FWW tested small DCs awhile back and the Delta had much higher CFM than almost all the others equivalent DCs. Some of the others tested couldn't even get above the 800CFM required for adequate collection. I'd like to see an actual CFM curve on the HF unit. And judging by the quality of what I have seen at HF I'll pass, thanks all the same.

JH

Craig D Peltier
05-02-2007, 10:11 PM
Taunton Fine Woodworking Tool Guide 2007 rated the delta the best in 1.5 hp catergory.It also spoke about the 1 micron filter verse a 30.A 30 allows the most hazardous (smallest) dust particles to escape at head level.I care about my lungs alot, living in LA for 12 years I never drove with windows open on freeway, either AC or closed.
It also spoke about cartridge verse bag, the only thing they said was a cartridge could be cleaned less often.Airflow was not affected by either.

Better according to who? FWW tested small DCs awhile back and the Delta had much higher CFM than almost all the others equivalent DCs. Some of the others tested couldn't even get above the 800CFM required for adequate collection. I'd like to see an actual CFM curve on the HF unit. And judging by the quality of what I have seen at HF I'll pass, thanks all the same.

JH