PDA

View Full Version : Best Wood Tools

Pete Jordan
05-01-2007, 4:33 PM
I ordered a tailstock adapter on the 19th and paid for expedited shipping. I have not received it and have left messages on the phone and have not heard back. Does anyone know if they are out of town or are having problems?

Mark Pruitt
05-01-2007, 4:43 PM
Pete,
Seems like you're the second person to speak up recently about problems in getting a response from BWT. That doesn't speak well for customer service. I have one of their products, a "Texas Center" which I ordered through Packard Woodworks with no delays and no problems. If you don't get a response in another day or so, you might want to cancel your order from BWT and order from Packard instead.

Ralph Lindberg
05-01-2007, 6:26 PM
If I recall (????) correctly, they are a one person shop, it could be illness or something that has messed with your order.

Bernie Weishapl
05-01-2007, 6:28 PM
Pete I wanted to place a order last year and never could get anyone. Tried for 3 weeks. So ended up ordering from CUSA.

George Tokarev
05-01-2007, 7:12 PM
Believe there are two, husband and wife. They go to a lot of shows, so it can be tough to get ahold of them at home. Good work when you get it, though.

Harvey Meyer
05-01-2007, 9:22 PM
I just saw them this weekend at Southern States Symposium. It's a husband/wife operation. He's the machinist, she handles the business. They travel to a lot of shows so sometimes it's hard to communicate with them. Their stuff is top notch, but sometimes they are hard to reach.

Harvey

Jack Norfleet
05-02-2007, 12:51 AM
I posted earlier about a similar situation. I had ordered a tool post and waited three weeks for it to arrive. I inquired through email and left a message but they were out of town and it took a couple of days for a response. They had shipped the order shortly after I placed it but it never arrived. As soon as they became aware of the problem, they ccalled me and promptly shipped me a replacement order. Overall I am very pleased with the response and I love the tool post. Give them a little more time and I am sure they will make it right.

Paul Andrews
05-02-2007, 7:22 AM
Pete,

I ordered a tool from them in February and waited and waited..... Called and left two voice messages as well as two e-mails, they never responded to any. After 3 weeks I cancelled the order with my credit card company. Three days later the package arrived in the mail and I refused delivery. That was when I finally received a phone call from them. She seemed like a nice lady and stated that they were out of town etc, and I know they sell good tools, but so do other vendors who have far better customer relations.

Dennis Peacock
05-02-2007, 9:06 AM
I've never ordered from them, but do deal with Packard and love their customer service. I can understand it being a small "family" run business, but if you desire to manufacture and sell a product, then you need to bring in someone to at least take phone calls and answer emails...no matter what, it appears that they need to improve customer service.

Pat Salter
05-02-2007, 9:12 AM
I got a spindle adaptor from them a couple of years ago. no problems and speedy at the time. Life goes on.

Pete Jordan
05-03-2007, 7:33 PM
I received my adapter today with low shipping charges. I am happy.

charlie knighton
05-04-2007, 9:40 AM
i ordered the tailstock chuck adapter online from best woods, i tried calling them because i wanted fast shipping, never reached them but did leave message, received adapter in about a week (yesterday)

it seems what they sell are things i wanted to use yesterday and it is very hard to wait

it will be put to use today:D

Kurt Whitley
05-04-2007, 10:21 PM
I have had pleasant dealings with BWT and feel their products are of good quality. However, if you have a Oneway Live center, you may want to get their chuck adapter.
The Oneway adapter seems way overpriced for what it is, but since it mounts on the live center, you can use it as tailstock support while you are turning. The BWT adapter will not rotate in the tailstock.

Cheers,
Kurt

charlie knighton
05-05-2007, 6:30 AM
i use the tailstock chuck adapter for centering the form after reversing in preparation to start hallowing

it saves much time and is much less frustrating than what i was doing by free hand :D

i do not run lathe with the tailstock chuck adapter

Pat Salter
05-05-2007, 11:25 AM
i use the tailstock chuck adapter for centering the form after reversing in preparation to start hallowing

you're putting halo's on your work???? this I want to see!:D

charlie knighton
05-05-2007, 1:08 PM
mainly for Easter bunny:D