PDA

View Full Version : FreeStuff Drawing May 7th, 2007 - Horse Hide Apron

Keith Outten
05-01-2007, 9:49 AM
SMC Member CW McCellan of McClellan Leather Craft has donated a horse hide apron to be given away on May 7th, 2007. The leather oval will be engraved with the SMC logo and the winners name.

To view pictures of the horse hide apron click here (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=57089)

The winners name will be drawn on Monday May 7th, 2007.
All properly registered SMC Members are automatically entered to win.
Thanks to CW for his FreeStuff donation and good luck to everyone.

John Schreiber
05-01-2007, 11:56 AM
That looks very nice. Glad to see some free stuff coming again.

My thanks to CW!

Tim Wagner
05-02-2007, 12:23 AM
And just to be clear. Properly registered simply means having your profile complete? with first and last name?

Keith Outten
05-02-2007, 3:24 AM
Tim is right, we often have to redraw winners names because the initial winner didn't register with their real first and last names. Of course we know that our email confirmation doesn't prove a real name was used and everyone knows that we don't have a means of confirming identities for over 17,000 people.

In the future we hope to be able to convince more companies to donate larger more expensive prizes. I have contacted several companies and asked for a Laser Engraver and a CNC Router to be donated, I haven't landed any yet but I will continue to try. Should we be fortunate enough to attract such an expensive prize you can bet that the winner will be validated before we ship.

Wouldn't it be a shame for your name to be drawn for a $20,000.00 laser engraver and you have to forfeit the prize because you didn't register properly.

When the first big prize comes our way we will also lock down the drawing the day the drawing is announced. Anyone who registers after the announcement is made will not be elligible to win. This would prevent 100,000 people from registering here just to have a chance at the big prize. You can see that I have given this some thought :)

Anyone who would like to change their username here at The Creek should send me a Private Message and request the change. All of your posts wil remain unchanged other than your user ID.

Jim O'Dell
05-03-2007, 2:20 PM
WOW! Sounds like a very nice prize, C W. Thanks for offering this. Jim.

Tom Henry
05-03-2007, 3:12 PM
1 in 17173 sounds good to me...:o

Keith Outten
05-03-2007, 5:50 PM
Whoever wins will really like the apron. They are very light with plenty of room around the neck and underarms. The cowhide and horsehide both have the same feel, both soft and very pliable. CW will make these with just about any type of custom modifications you prefer as far as pockets, knit necklines, etc.

I already have one of CW's cowhide turning aprons and will be ordering a cowhide carpenters apron shortly, custom made to my specs :)

John Shuk
05-06-2007, 4:59 PM
Thats my sons 4th birthday. It sure would make him happy to see Daddy win!

Barry Stratton
05-08-2007, 3:00 AM
What a great donation!!!!

Did I miss the drawing or did it get delayed while Bill's Itty Bitty award was being worked on?????

Keith Outten
05-08-2007, 6:23 AM
The winner of the horse hide apron is;

Robert E Lee (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/member.php?u=1152)

Robert, you have 48 hours to post in this thread and claim your prize.

Robert E Lee
05-08-2007, 4:03 PM
WOO-HOO I won !!! Now I'll have an apron to wear........
I want to thank CW McCellan of McClellan Leather Craft, that was really nice of him to donate the apron, also a big thanks to Keith for bringing us the creek.
Bob.................

Keith Outten
05-08-2007, 7:12 PM
Bob,

I have the apron, send me a PM with your postal address and I will get it to you ASAP.

Robert E Lee
05-08-2007, 7:36 PM
PM sent
Thank You
Bob

Jim O'Dell
05-08-2007, 10:02 PM
Congrats Robert! Jim.

Robert E Lee
05-08-2007, 11:38 PM
thanks, Jim
Bob

Robert E Lee
06-13-2007, 3:36 PM
I received the apron but haven't had a chance to use it yet, very nice, and light, fits nice and comfortable. Many thanks to McClellan Leather Craft for donating the apron also to Keith for the sawmill creek patch.
Much Appreciated
Bob