PDA

View Full Version : Hello SMC

Scott Moore
05-01-2007, 9:26 AM
I just wanted to introduce myself.
I've been hanging around & reading for a while but haven't posted until now. I've been back into woodworking since the turn of the new millenium and really enjoy the craft.:)
I'm located in the greater Phoenix area and am pretty much of an electron burner with neander leanings. At this point I've not started down the slippery slope of turning, as I'd rather continue to increase my skills in other areas, (I figure the slope will still be there when I'm ready :D ).
I also wanted to thank all the contributors for the words of wisdom and excellent ideas.
It's also really nice to see some familiar names from other places I've been hanging out at.
I look forward to being around a long time, learning lots of techniques & sharing what I can. :)

Scott Moore

Jim Becker
05-01-2007, 9:28 AM
Welcome aboard, Scott!

Ken Fitzgerald
05-01-2007, 9:30 AM
Welcome to the Creek Scott! Wade right in.....the water's fine!

Dennis Peacock
05-01-2007, 9:56 AM
WELCOME to SMC Scott!!!!! Glad you decided to jump in the waters. :D

Belinda Barfield
05-01-2007, 11:09 AM
Welcome Scott! You're just in time for the Summer swimmin' season!:D

Mark Pruitt
05-01-2007, 11:15 AM
At this point I've not started down the slippery slope of turning, as I'd rather continue to increase my skills in other areas, (I figure the slope will still be there when I'm ready :D ).

Nahhhh.......that's just money that you could have spent on turning tools and accessories! The Abyss is calling! (Geez, I'm surprised Fitzgerald didn't say that to you. He's getting soft!):D :D :D :D

Scott Moore
05-01-2007, 3:19 PM
Thanks for the kind welcome - I think I'll like it around here. :)

TYLER WOOD
05-01-2007, 4:54 PM
Mesa, huh, been there before!! Loved it. Welcome to the creek. jump headlong into the waters of the creek. But come clean up in the abyss of the turners, all that money dirtying up your wallet needs to be cleaned out! We can make some fine suggestions for you. A nice lathe here, a fine chuck there, ohhh yeah the grinder, gouges, hollowing jig, steady rest..... well you get the point. Jump in with the good turner folks!

Jonathon Spafford
05-02-2007, 1:50 AM
Hey, welcome to the creek... we have some great fish swimming around in here!!!!!! Make sure you check out the turning forum - some great stuff happenin' over there!!! Anyway, have fun, post often, and post lots of pix!