PDA

View Full Version : Yet another shop tour video

Chris Jenkins
05-01-2007, 9:22 AM
Well I finally did it - I went to You Tube. I tried uploading this video on my web page a few different ways, but it just wouldn't take. (What can you expect for free web service?).

Hopefully this isn't too shaky as it was one of my first times playing with the camcorder. I shot this about 3 weeks ago, the shop has changed a bit, but I didn't have the desire to shoot again, afterall it took me 3 weeks to get it uploaded...

Hope you enjoy. I plan on taking a better shop video in the future once I have finished my current project and clean up again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMTyAb8Vp0Q

Chris

Don Orr
05-01-2007, 9:47 AM
Great video and an awesome shop-WAY too clean though:D .

glenn bradley
05-01-2007, 10:35 AM
Wonderful tour. I need to find someone with a video camera . . . wait, I need to fix up the shop . . . wait, I need to clean up . . . wait . . .

Kent E. Matthew
05-01-2007, 12:46 PM
Wait...I still need to build mine. Wait...I still need to buy tools. :D

Very nice. Boy am I way behind here. Did you happen to mention shop overall size. I plan on doing the metal building type in place of my shed in the backyard. Do you think 14 x 14 feet will be enough?

Roy Wall
05-01-2007, 6:23 PM
Chris,

Nice shop ......thanks for the tour! I like how you separated the machine side from the hand tool side.

Adrian Early
05-01-2007, 6:36 PM
Wait...I still need to build mine. Wait...I still need to buy tools. :D

Very nice. Boy am I way behind here. Did you happen to mention shop overall size. I plan on doing the metal building type in place of my shed in the backyard. Do you think 14 x 14 feet will be enough?

Sounds cramped if you plan on running any 8' sheet stock through your table saw. Grizzly has a decent shop planner that lets you click-and-drop power tools on to your design after you specify the dimensions. Probably a good start . . . . http://www.grizzly.com/workshopplanner.aspx

Bruce Page
05-01-2007, 7:16 PM
Great tour Chris!

Brian Gumpper
05-01-2007, 7:23 PM
You had more space than me once you left your office area. :(

Jim Becker
05-01-2007, 9:01 PM
Nice tour, Chris!!!

Dave Ray
05-01-2007, 9:43 PM
Good looking shop Chris. Thanks for the tour

Jeff Miller
05-01-2007, 9:58 PM
Very nice looking shop;)

Only one thing, ya gotta get rid of the Delta drill press, doesn't match the rest of the power tools:D

JEFF:cool:

Fred Voorhees
05-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Chris,

Nice shop ......thanks for the tour! I like how you separated the machine side from the hand tool side.

I thought that idea was pretty novel myself. Nice tour. Nice shop.

David Cramer
05-02-2007, 7:51 AM
Excellent Chris and just as Fred did in his, great job on the narration. A well executed use of available space. Nice tour!

Dave

Chris Jenkins
05-02-2007, 8:41 AM
Thanks for the nice comments. I know the Delta doesn't fit, but I really like my 495, which I bought long before the PM 2800 ever came out. I don't see myself replacing it any time soon...

Ted Miller
05-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Chris, Great tour and shop. Same here with the pipe clamps. I have given most away and since the Domino is here most of my clamps just hang around and gather dust...